I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats LRB! Maybe presumtious, but you made a differemce!
:mug:

Still have away to go before its a law, but we heading in the right directions.

Re: Skin Cancer, I'd get checked. I just had a surgery on my face to remove it..ouch...wish it had been sooner and smaller. But all is well. Just catch it early.

Ahh..beer pong. Great game. You can buy beer pong games at some big liquor stores. Even dedicated tables for the game! Bounce a ping pong ball into a cup, opponent drinks the beer.
I prefer to play with water in the cups, and the person drinking just takes a drink of their drink instead. That way you don't get garbage off the ball in your beverage. It's also easier to get women to play, as fewer women enjoy beer.
Gonna add on to my previous post. If acceptance is the first step, maybe I should try it. I'm sorry if this brings spirits down on this thread.

I truly dont like going to a doctor. I don't want to hear a lecture about what I have done wrong with my health.

I did have a doc once tell me for my age (at the time 40) I was at least 15 years younger on a medical scale. I would imagine the same doc would say I'm 15 years older now, than my age on that same scale.

I know it's my lifestyle. As said before I drink to much, and I don't eat healthily these days. The time apart from my wife (three years) has not been benificial emotionaly or physically.

I'm not looking for a shoulder to cry on. I just figure...just figure I'd put this out there about myself. I have great resepect for many of you here on this thread and have recieved the same from many of you. I just want you all to know, I'm not that great of a person physically or more importantly - I'm not really all that good of a person. I have many faults.
You must have been really drunk when you wrote this. You're to nice of a person to think that about yourself.

I'd never heard of Beer Pong until my two over 21 year old kids and some of their friends came up for a visit about a year ago. I think I prefer playing quarters. (I have not done that in at last 25 years) Water glasses are definitely more sanitary.

Tonight is my last night working this job. I cleaned out my desk, cleaned out my office. I now have two x-large boxes filled with everything from a hydrometer to my underwear stuffed in the back seat of my car. I find it's more efficient and economical to put stuff in boxes sometime than using luggage on an airplane. Maybe a bit embarrasing, not up to status qou. But with luggage prices these days you need every ounce of the baggage money to be spent wisely.

Tomorrow after work. I don't plan to put a full day in. I'm driving a few hours north and will spend Friday and Saturday with my youngest daughter. Sunday around mid-day I'll say goodbye to her - for now. Then drive around 8 hours south to see my son. The next day, Monday, I'm dropping off my car at the shippers. My son will bring me back to his house afterwards. And then Tuesday he will take me to the San Diego airport before he goes to work. Going to be a very early morning. I then will wait around 7-8 hours and catch a flight to Hawaii.

I'm excited.. I'm teriffied. This is my life.

Dan,
Don't know for a fact as its been many years since I've seen a doc for anything in depth, but wouldn't expect lecture. Sure the doc might not approve of where u are know, but can't imagine him scolding you. Most likely will suggest various thing you need to do in order to improve things. It will be up to you to make improvements\changes. Your not a bad person, just human, like the rest of us. We all make our choices. I have make some not so good ones. Live and learn. See the doc with an open mind, make the changes u can make, be there for the wife, kids and grandkids. It will blow ur mind when that grandbaby calls u Grandpa! Time to start anew will be when you reunite with your wife. Eat right, exercise. Ur in Hawaii!
Spock once said "Live long and prosper".

Thanks Doug, that's good advice. My wife and I know this change will not be an easy one. We've been apart mostly for the last three years. Even sleeping in the same bed is going to take some getting used to for both of us.

A few things we have talked about is my health. She is great on her own but I'm not. She loves going to the doctor. I don't. I guess I've come to a point in my life where I know I am no longer invincible. Maybe it has taken me three years to become humble and not so hard headed. I truly plan to spend some time seeing docs, letting them fix the body I might have negelected these past few years.

Just so you know, a niacin flush feels like you've gotten a severe sunburn and then run naked through sage brush covered in poison oak. Trying not to scratch your skin off is the most fun part.

Just so you know, a niacin flush feels like you've gotten a severe sunburn and then run naked through sage brush covered in poison oak. Trying not to scratch your skin off is the most fun part.

Wow. Ouch! That is treating what exactly?

Niacinamide gives you the benefits without flushing. Time-release niacin is effective too.

I am going to bed. I just taped another seam (perfection;)). I just went to the doctor expecting the worst. I lost weight, blood pressure is good. I was honest about my beer consumption. I'm eating well. I need exercise but I'm not near death like I felt at times this winter. Garlic, capsaisin, ginger, turmeric and lots of sex have been good for me. Over and out!

Sorry for quoting myself. This got a few likes and I feel a bit guilty because I was lying about the sex.

Wow. Ouch! That is treating what exactly?
Theoretically, it's a treatment for depression. Not one I've tried before. Much to my surprise, I actually do feel better. Not like a rock star or anything, but I don't feel bad anymore.
Niacinamide gives you the benefits without flushing. Time-release niacin is effective too.
This is true. I actually have some no-flush niacin, but I'm trying to establish dosage. So, I actually want the horrible side effects... Yeah... Not looking forward to the next dose.

FYI, I took 3 grams all at once. That was way to much for my system. Hence the fairly sever flush. I really didn't think it was worth it last night, but now that I'm only slightly flushed now I think I'm changing my mind.

I knew that "garlic" and "sex" weren't happening in the same day. I was hoping you were lying about the garlic.

If those involved in the sex have had all their proper dose of garlic, no one would notice. I wish I was lying about the garlic too;) I'm gonna go for it tonight. I'm feeling spunky. No wait, that's buzzed and tired...forget it.

LG, I think you quoted Emjay but it appeared as I said it. Least that's how it looks on my phone.

I'm not nearly as educated about pharmaceuticals as Emjay. Your quoting did make me look intelligent. :)

As far as garlic. It is a gift from God. You can't smell garlic breath if you have it too. One of the nicest aromas I know are seafood and garlic. Man! It doesn't get any better in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

LG, I think you quoted Emjay but it appeared as I said it. Least that's how it looks on my phone.

I'm not nearly as educated about pharmaceuticals as Emjay. Your quoting did make me look intelligent. :)

As far as garlic. It is a gift from God. You can't smell garlic breath if you have it too. One of the nicest aromas I know are seafood and garlic. Man! It doesn't get any better in my book.
I multi-quoted you and Emjay. He does know a lot about pharmaceuticals, and apparently supplements too.

I do like garlic too. Since I have no chance of getting laid tonight, I think I'll make some garlic bread.

Hey what happened to Bobbi? Anyone hear from her lately?

No. Have not heard from her. I think that is probably good for her. Life might be getting better for her. Sure do miss her posts though. I hope I'm correct about things getting better for her

Evening late night crew. Hope all is well as you enter your weekend. Fridays typically mark the end of the cycle of toil, and Monday mornings mark the beginning of the next cycle. Some of you work on the weekends, which I know sucks.

I don't know where Bobbi is. Her profile says she hasn't logged in for over a month. This place is a big waste of time anyway, so good for her.

For your late night soundtrack, Little River Band. Friday night, it was late... would it turn out right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good tooN PP.

This thread is a big waste of time?

I'm not buying that. But I do like your humor.

Good tooN PP.

This thread is a big waste of time?

I'm not buying that. But I do like your humor.

I didn't mean that specifically about this thread. I meant that if you spend too much time on the computer, you're not spending enough time with the real world. The things that really count.

Yea, I really do mean that HBT is a waste of time. It's a good place to get brewing info, and to kabitz a bit, but if you spend too much time here you need to step back and assess what's important. Sorry to lay it out like that, but I think it's true.

I didn't mean that specifically about this thread. I meant that if you spend too much time on the computer, you're not spending enough time with the real world. The things that really count.

Yea, I really do mean that HBT is a waste of time. It's a good place to get brewing info, and to kabitz a bit, but if you spend too much time here you need to step back and assess what's important. Sorry to lay it out like that, but I think it's true.

I totally respect and do resemble that honest assessment! Im aware of that. In a few more days I probably won't be on this site as much. I'm not embarrassed to say though, this place has been a big part of my real world for awhile now. No regrets. And PP you have nothing to apologize for, I think your words are straight up.

I've learned a lot of respect for the electrical engineers in my company. The stuff these guys are working on, waveguide, all the network analyzers and oscilloscopes and other things we make is next level. Some smart guys. If you are ever in Sonoma county CA you should defintely look us up PP, lots of these guys love to give tours and you'd get a real kick out of this place.

Sounds like a good place to work BB! After a career in Naval aviation I'm in awe of the things engineers build. To me it is anything less than miracles.

I probably shouldn't have but I recently ordered an STC-1000 controller, actually got two of them by mistake . And ordered a SS 1/2" full port ball valve, to add as a "priming valve?" on my chugger pump. I'm not sure if I'll put the valve on the inlet or outlet

MoreBeer put's theirs on the inlet because they say it reduces chance of air getting into the head of the pump. I know many people put it on the outlet side. That seems to make more sense to me. If you flow liquid through the pump with no back pressure, I would assume the pump head is purged of air.

I also bought some copper for a pre-chiller. My priorities might be a bit screwed up but this is my last little hoorah on new brew equipment. Money is going to get tight soon for awhile.

Three day count down. I've realized something about myself. I'm lost without my wife.

Opposite. She is not lost without me. Going to be interesting. Hang around. I know ill post updated on my weird life.

Three day count down. I've realized something about myself. I'm lost without my wife.

I feel the same way, Dan. I enjoy it for about a day when my wife and kids are gone, but after that I am a very lonely man.

Here is a little musical interlude, a song that my 15 year old daughter wrote for a friend who was having a bad day...

http://youtu.be/uT1gBW1ixe4

CGVT,, I'm not sure but guessing after 30 years serving the USA in the Cost Guard, you probably retired as a MasterChief. If I'm wrong I apologize

More to the point. Our children bring joy . Your daughter, You Are very proud of her. That's wonderful! Fair winds and following seas, Shipmate.

You are correct, Dan. BMCM. I am a lucky man. I was fortunate enough to command three Coast Guard Search and Rescue Stations and an 87' patrol boat. I have a great wife (I chose wisely the second time around) who, within reason, puts up with my BS and I have three great kids. Although I still do, I have nothing to complain about. ;)

It's tough retiring for me. I doubt ill ever be as productive or respected. I was not an ass. I did my best to take care of people. You know how that is. Four years retired and glad about that. Still miss the camaraderie of a great life working together with wonderful people across this USA of ours. Life is certainly not the same now.

It's tough retiring for me. I doubt ill ever be as productive or respected. I was not an ass. I did my best to take care of people. You know how that is. Four years retired and glad about that. Still miss the camaraderie of a great life working together with wonderful people across this USA of ours. Life is certainly not the same now.

Yep. Our world has gone from sailing ships to raking mom's backyard...

Of course, my kids can recite some of my stories word for word. Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should just post. I loved and hated military life. However being part of it for so many years,!being part of a team, giving myself and whatever wisdom I gather
I miss that Truly do. I wasn't the best Chief out there . But I was a good one.

Nobody cares about that. It's okay. Can't rest on laurels. I love working for my country. Just don't know where to serve now.

On vacation in Florida. Kids have been crazy, Disney was a bore for everyone but my wife. However I am now at Clearwater beach sitting on my balcony drinking beers I can't get in my home state. All in all everything is ok. How is everyone else?

Don't beat yourself up, Dan. Even though the units won't remember you, your legacy lives on in all of the Sailors that you came into contact with and influenced.

You served well and honorably. Find something to keep you occupied and happy.

I was pretty lost after I retired. I felt as if I had developed skills and knowledge and they were going to waste. I sat on my ass for a year and then started driving a truck for a food bank part time. It was hard work for an old man like me and I was thankful that I didn't have to do that for the past thirty+years, but I enjoyed it. I moved into managing the warehouse a few weeks ago. It isn't great pay, but it is good enough and it is honest work that will most likely allow me to get my kids through school.

When you get settled go out and volunteer or take a low paying job and meet some people. It will be good for your soul and may lead to some opportunities to put those leadership and management skills that you honed in the Navy to use.

On vacation in Florida. Kids have been crazy, Disney was a bore for everyone but my wife. However I am now at Clearwater beach sitting on my balcony drinking beers I can't get in my home state. All in all everything is ok. How is everyone else?

Make sure you get some Cigar City Jai Alai while you can.

It is an amazing IPA. Grapefruit, mango, mandarin orange... Wow!

One of my favorites. I had it in FL last year and now I can get it in AL.

Make sure you get some Cigar City Jai Alai while you can.

It is an amazing IPA. Grapefruit, mango, mandarin orange... Wow!

One of my favorites. I had it in FL last year and now I can get it in AL.

Had a few of those. It is good. Can't get it where I'm from. I also got a nice sunburn. I love ipas and it's one of the better I've had.

Cheers

I totally respect and do resemble that honest assessment! Im aware of that. In a few more days I probably won't be on this site as much. I'm not embarrassed to say though, this place has been a big part of my real world for awhile now. No regrets. And PP you have nothing to apologize for, I think your words are straight up.

Heh, I'm guilty of spending too much time here myself. If it seemed like I was pointing fingers, it was at myself first.

Back