I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy reading this thread. Don't post much, probably because it almost feels as if I am intruding.

I said it a couple of months ago and I'll say it again. There are some good people posting here.

I hate tooth problems, I feel for you. Just make sure you stay on their good side at work. I've been through a couple downsizing events. It sucks having to pile on the work and sit back and watch your coworkers get picked off groups at a time. Then, one day, you get called to a meeting. Everyone knows what's up, but no one wants to believe it until they actually hear the words. You can always tell who has the most debt at those meetings. They look like we're waiting on the executioner to bring out our lethal injections.

I hope all of your situations improve :mug:
Thank you. It wasn't a downsizing thing though. I think I'll be ok.

...Ouch, I hate going to the dentist. Sounds like you deserve a rest day.
Thank. I don't have a ton of choice. The appointment was in the morning. I'd be in to much pain to get any work done without the pain pills, and I can't drive with this stuff in my system.

They gave me oxycodone 5-325. I took a whole one, and got dizzy and full blown auditory hallucinations. The kicker is that my teeth still hurt. I've still got some hydrocodone from the last time, so I took a half one of those instead. Those don't completely flatten me, and they seem to work better for me.

I don't know about you folks. Weekends and especially Sundays are when I write here, ramble here the most. A weekday is not out of the question but weekends, Sundays most.

Then again it's Friday night and I seem to be posting a lot.

This thread has a little over 13,500 replies. People have come and gone, some never come back, some come back after a break.

I am a bit worried about Stauff. He's been here for a long time. I think pretty much since this thread started many moons ago. I'm a bit of a worry wort. Mike is a really good guy, we all know that. I'm sure he will be back soon and if he's not.. I'm freaked out. Give us a cheers or something Stauff.
Yeah, I'd like to know what's going on with Stauff and BL. Good people. I hope all is well with them.

One of my favorite songs and a clip from an old time movie I like, a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abbey Someone...

20140322_191207.jpg

!!!!!!!abbey.jpg

I enjoy reading this thread. Don't post much, probably because it almost feels as if I am intruding.

I said it a couple of months ago and I'll say it again. There are some good people posting here.

Brother, believe me you are not intruding. Please post whats on your mind. No judging here. Just friends.

Please join us. You are not intruding. We are just good folks talking about everyday things and if you like the discussions, you belong here.

I left the house with $100. I bought two six packs and a pack of smokes. I got home with $170. It was a good night.

How the heck does that work? I think I'll send some money your way to invest! JK, I don't have any money to invest...but if I did.....?

Hmmmm... So I woke up Friday morning to a private message from TxBrew. IMHO, I assumed it was one last hoo-ra to get me to sign up for premium membership as I had been debating it for a while. However, TxBrew was letting me know that my account was charged with premium membership....
Immediately, I assume I drunkenly purchased it before bed. I replied with a question or two about how this must be an accident and that I didn't purchase it. Next, I check my bank accounts to see if there was a trail of some sort... Nothing.

Fast forward to now, TxBrew replied with unexpected words... It appears that someone has gifted me premium....

To whoever you are, I owe you at least a 6 pack for the kind gesture and would love to know who you are. Thanks for the gift! I'll make sure if use it well..

To everyone else, sorry if this isn't the correct place... I debated making a thread for this kind individual... But I decided that for the time being, this was a good place to start. I figured that only kind people follow this thread and that one you might have an idea or two for how I could pay back the individual or how I could pay it forward.

Hmmmm... So I woke up Friday morning to a private message from TxBrew. IMHO, I assumed it was one last hoo-ra to get me to sign up for premium membership as I had been debating it for a while. However, TxBrew was letting me know that my account was charged with premium membership....
Immediately, I assume I drunkenly purchased it before bed. I replied with a question or two about how this must be an accident and that I didn't purchase it. Next, I check my bank accounts to see if there was a trail of some sort... Nothing.

Fast forward to now, TxBrew replied with unexpected words... It appears that someone has gifted me premium....

To whoever you are, I owe you at least a 6 pack for the kind gesture and would love to know who you are. Thanks for the gift! I'll make sure if use it well..

To everyone else, sorry if this isn't the correct place... I debated making a thread for this kind individual... But I decided that for the time being, this was a good place to start. I figured that only kind people follow this thread and that one you might have an idea or two for how I could pay back the individual or how I could pay it forward.

That reminds me, I totally dropped the ball last year. I was planning on having something awesome ready for the Christmas swap. The year before I got some pretty good brews and all I had to give in return was some plain old pale ale. It was good, but didn't stack up to what I got. Maybe I'll get an RIS going here soon.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been around for a couple weeks. Life has been really busy, and I don't have much energy in the evenings. I've literally been working my arse off trying to catch up for the slow winter I had. Then weekends are spent catching up it seems.

I really appreciate the fact that you guys think about me, and that you're all such good friends. Dan, I'm truly sorry to have made you worry my friend. I'll try to pop in more often. Even if it's just a quicky.

I went to a town called Orogrande last weekend. It's a very tiny little semi-ghost town leftover from a mini gold rush. There are only around 15 people living in the town these days. The desert around the town is littered with many antiquated gold mines. Many of which have been sealed up due to a teenager that died when he fell down a mine shaft back in 2000. If you were a fan of the old movie "The Hills Have Eyes", you would notice some of this towns landscape, as some of the movie was filmed there. The family and I go to rock hound for turquoise and other minerals. I was hoping I'd find a gold nugget so I could tell my current client to jump off of a bridge, but that didn't happen unfortunately.

I've managed to squeeze in a batch of homemade bread every weekend for the last couple of weeks. Dan may have created a monster by sending me that book. Last weekend was sourdough, and it was probably the best I've ever tasted. Today I'm baking sourdough rye. The loaves are proofing now.

I finally managed to scrape up enough money for some brewing supplies. I'll be making an Oktoberfest Marzen in 2 weeks (even though it will be April by then) and a Kolsch the weekend after that.

Things seem to be improving for now. I can only hope it will stay that way at least for a while.

Thanks again for being such great friends and good hearted folks!

Cheers everybody!

What's up Stauff. Same story here, only substitute the last 6 months for weeks ;) definitely don't have the time for discussions here on the forum that I used to, but I still lurk around.

I've brewed once in the last 6 months. I'm about to make a major comeback though, buying beer is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What's up Stauff. Same story here, only substitute the last 6 months for weeks ;) definitely don't have the time for discussions here on the forum that I used to, but I still lurk around.

I've brewed once in the last 6 months. I'm about to make a major comeback though, buying beer is expensive.

Nice to see you around here again BB. Getting the gardens ready for spring planting?

I took my wife out to the movies last night. I wish I treated her better, she deserves it, but I'm a little selfish and always doing my thing. She got a "makover", whatever that is, involves makeup I think, but she looked great. She made me think of the following song.

Late niters, here's a mellow song to take you into Sunday nite. For your late nite soundtrack, City and Colour.

Nice to see you around here again BB. Getting the gardens ready for spring planting?

I took my wife out to the movies last night. I wish I treated her better, she deserves it, but I'm a little selfish and always doing my thing. She got a "makover", whatever that is, involves makeup I think, but she looked great. She made me think of the following song.

Late niters, here's a mellow song to take you into Sunday nite. For your late nite soundtrack, City and Colour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZqnqH9s1jk

:mug: I'm just starting up on the garden. Also, I won a spot on the "Plottery" for my company's garden so I have an additional 8'x16' garden bed at work to take care of too.
I also treated to wife fancy last night. Well, sort of. I got rid of the kids and we went out, I have only been having alcohol one or two nights a week so a few glasses of wine and two pints of beer left me totally schnockered and I likely made an ass of myself. I think she had a good time though. There was music

I started cleaning out the garden yesterday, looking like i'll need to put up a fence around it this year, the new pup seems to like that plot of land.

Mike, great to see you back my friend! Glad to hear work is keeping you busy! I have deep respect for entrepreneurs like you who chisel out a career on their own.

Great to hear the bread making is going well. I baked before I ever homebrewed but the two are very similar. Simple ingredients; water, yeast, and grain. Hops for beer, sea salt for bread.

:mug:

Today, March 23, 2014

On this day in 1839, the initials "O.K." are first published in The Boston Morning Post. Meant as an abbreviation for "oll correct," a popular slang misspelling of "all correct" at the time, OK steadily made its way into the everyday speech of Americans.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history

Ha... and I thought it was spelled Okay!

OK, not to start anything, but - one round only!

NAME THAT BATHROOM.

...hint, that is the men's public bathroom near the Wisconsin Room.

My wife and I stayed in The Glenn Miller room.

For 100 pesos, What facility is this located at?

IMAG0362.jpg

Happy Sunday peeps. Back when I was young, cassette recorders were popular. Wasn't uncommon for a guy or girl to give a "hand made?" cassette tape to each other; with music recorded off the radio or a record.

My first wife was an Australian girl, Perth Australia, her name is Natasha and she was quite beautiful. Tash sent me a really nice cassette way back when.. somewhere in the mid eighties. One of the songs she recorded and I liked the most was Walking on Sunshine. Nostalgia. :) I kick myself in the arse sometimes for not making that marriage work.. 12 years it lasted. We have three wonderful children and they are all doing well. But as a man, as a husband amd a father.. I think I let them all down. I wasn't all that good at marriage then, and probably am not much better now.

NAME THAT BATHROOM.

Is there a JFK room as well? White House, is my answer. Wrong probably, but what the hey!

NAME THAT BATHROOM.

Looks like the place in Kholer, WI. Don't remember the name, but the Wisconsin room sounded familiar.

Hmm, cosmos tonight? Not the biggest fan.

drank too much Friday. Took it easy the past day or two.... Debating passing up on beers until a week from tomorrow.

Tips?

Looks like the place in Kholer, WI. Don't remember the name, but the Wisconsin room sounded familiar.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

It's called The American Club.

Linky

...if I were a rich man, yadya dada dada da!

My wifes company sends her down there each year. I went along. Very nice place. I felt very out-of-place though.

Trying to sleep on my son's floor cause he's sick and asked me to,
Wood is hard on my body to say the least but I feel great . Prost and good night. Signing off HBT.

I like Illinoians. I am one, was raised there. A rebeliious bunch. Chicago? Different world as far as I'm concerned. Rest of the state. HmmHmm. As far as I know IL is still a helmet free state (motorcycle helmets) Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea to ride without one, but at least it's a choice not a law.

Were the boys from Illinios
We ride the plains and ditches....
if anybody knows the rest of this please chime in.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

It's called The American Club.

Linky

...if I were a rich man, yadya dada dada da!

My wifes company sends her down there each year. I went along. Very nice place. I felt very out-of-place though.

The only reason I was there was because I went on a tour because I knew one of the IT guys at Kholer. We ate at the club, didn't stay there...

I like Illinoians. I am one, was raised there. A rebeliious bunch. Chicago? Different world as far as I'm concerned. Rest of the state. HmmHmm. As far as I know IL is still a helmet free state (motorcycle helmets) Doesn't mean I think it's a good idea to ride without one, but at least it's a choice not a law.

if anybody knows the rest of this please chime in.

Ahh, forget that. I just looked it up on Google and a bunch of redneck versions. Il, has some rednecks. I forgot about that.

As you were.

Back