I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we're still on the cover kick. I like the original, but this one's my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to know something great? He will remember working on the car with you 20 or 30 years from now and it will bring a smile to his face. It does for me every time I time travel back.

Reminds me to drive up the road to tell him what a great father I have.

Good luck and savor the time you get to spend with him.
I wish I had memories like that.

Thank you Hefehood. Truly, thank you.
+1 on the skype. My Mother uses it to video chat with my niece in Germany.

So, a few things have happened recently. My group normally consists of ten people who are fully trained. Two weeks ago two people transferred to another group and we only got one new one. We were dealing with that, but it was tight in terms of workload. The end of last week HR sent 5 of the remaining original people home. Monday they termed 4 of them. So, we are now trying to do more work then is humanly possible and, predictably, failing.

I've already worked an extra day this week and long days, and it still isn't nearly enough.

Last Sunday I was going to move my keezer. When I opened it up, I realized the plastic faucet on my blackberry soda keg had failed. The bottom of the keezer was full of flat soda, and my co2 tank was blown. That took several hours to clean up. I have decided not to put my keezer back together until I've got the faucets and collar done. I just don't think those plastic faucets are designed to hold against soda psi's. That's the second one that's failed on me.

I also painted my second painting on Sunday. Acrylic on watercolor paper.

So, tonight I'm tipping my glass to my friends who no longer work with me. May they find better opportunities and success in the near future.

02 blood roots.jpg

What the heck's up, late nite crew? Dayum, week almost over. I might not respond, but I do read every post here. Sure glad Dan made this thread. I consider it my "home" thread. Homeys.

Here's the song you all were waiting for. I thought of this song while looking at the "walkers" during a bike ride I took today.

What the heck's up, late nite crew? Dayum, week almost over. I might not respond, but I do read every post here. Sure glad Dan made this thread. I consider it my "home" thread. Homeys.

Here's the song you all were waiting for. I thought of this song while looking at the "walkers" during a bike ride I took today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieb41uYpb08

whatever floats the boat, interesting song there... i can only assume what type of walkers you saw today.

I'm feeling old today.

Hey team, I know I dropped this on you once before, but in case you missed it, Lydia could use the help. Sorry, feels like I'm spamming you all. I have a weak heart for kids.

Dang hard to imagine a kid that can't rid a bike because of a disability. If you have an extra minute, just go click this kids button. She gets a bike that she straps into. Rett Syndrome is no joke. Sorry for the intrusion, only a few days left to help Lydia!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/help-my-special-needs-daughter-win-adaptive-tricycle-464444/

IMG_0821-e1394459495803-383x246.jpg

Hey team, I know I dropped this on you once before, but in case you missed it, Lydia could use the help. Sorry, feels like I'm spamming you all. I have a weak heart for kids.

Dang hard to imagine a kid that can't rid a bike because of a disability. If you have an extra minute, just go click this kids button. She gets a bike that she straps into. Rett Syndrome is no joke. Sorry for the intrusion, only a few days left to help Lydia!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/help-my-special-needs-daughter-win-adaptive-tricycle-464444/

IMG_0821-e1394459495803-383x246.jpg
Done, hope the best for her.:mug:

The cheese mobile won first place and a surprisingly big trophy. The dino car couldn't compete because he is not officially a scout yet (kindergarten) but he ran two heats and was fast. They gave him an extra trophy for "most creative". That was so nice of them. Regionals in a few weeks. Those races are great because they are all computerized.

Here is one to keep things lively:

[ame="youtube.com/watch?v=xYsW9aWxa6E"]youtube.com/watch?v=xYsW9aWxa6E[/ame]

Hey all! :mug:

Lot's of great tunes here today! Low Rider, not the version I'm familiar with.. but what a great song for a slick Pinewood Derby car!! :mug:

Did a guy with a cheesy mustache really drop a shameless advertisement in the middle of Lydia's thread? Wow.

This one's for Dan. Soon to be a Hawaiian superman.

Wikipediea
Cherish" is the title of a 1985 single by American R&B band Kool & the Gang. The song was the third single released from the band's multi-platinum album, Emergency, which came out earlier that year. The song is a romantic ballad that proved to be extremely popular when it was released and has since been a wedding song staple of sorts. "Cherish" peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in September 1985, remaining in the runner-up position for three weeks

I was 21 when this song came out by Kool and the Gang.. I didn't know who sung this till I looked it up on Wickipedia tonight. :eek:

At that time in my life I was a US Sailor, stationed on the USS Midway, homeported out of Yokosuka, Japan. That ship was also nicknamed the USS Neverdock. We only spent a 3-4 months of a year at our homeport.. rest of the time we were at sea or, since I was in the Airwing, they took advantage of the time in port to send us off to some airfield in the far east on one detachment or another.

Our second home (well, third if you include the ship as our first) was the Phillipines. The US used to have a couple bases there. Subic Bay and Clark Airforce Base. My squadron was in Subic, known as Cubi Point quite often. If you ever saw the movie TopGun, the officer's bar, where Tom Cruise does a perfect "carrier landing" That's the bar, that's Cubi.. or at least in officer land.

The PI, as it is commonly called among.. people I know, was a place where ship repairs could be made, where the liberty was pretty good. wink wink. and it had an airfield and a few bombing ranges pilots could practice their skills. We went there often on the ship, but when the ship was at our homeport the Airwing went there quite a lot.

This is already a book. So no reason to drag it out much longer. "Cherish" was on every single juke box in every single bar (lots AND lots of them) and played very often.

Did a guy with a cheesy mustache really drop a shameless advertisement in the middle of Lydia's thread? Wow.

This one's for Dan. Soon to be a Hawaiian superman.

YouTube

Well played BBL. Here's another one from Brudda Iz. My favorite. I've played it before, probably many times. But I love this song and Brudda Iz. :D

You ever wonder, and I suppose you have to believe in heaven. Who do you want to meet when you get there? Not all of the list has passed on yet. But I figure I'll outlive some of them.

Of course I want to see my mom and dad
Then I want to meet Johnny Cash
Clint Eastwood
John Wayne - if he is the only one I meet I'd be happy
That's not totally true, I want to shake hands with Ronald Reagan
Jeremy Brett. He played Sherlock Holmes for many years. In my mind the best ever
John Lennon, just to smoke my first dubbie with and write a song with
Dan Hagmann.
Robert Dinero

I probably have a much longer list. This will do for now.

Fun non factoid for the day. Brought to you by the urban dictionary. Edited for content.

Resting ****** Face

Similar to the resting biatch face. When a guy just looks like a total prick but he's actually a nice guy with a face of a complete *****er.
Naw dude Aidan's chill, he just has a resting ****** face.

Back