I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My attempt to clone Goose Island IPA. I forgot to gelatin, so chill haze and has only been kegged a few days, but the taste is fairly close.

!!!!GooseIsland.jpg

20131219_174744.jpg

My attempt to clone Goose Island IPA. I forgot to gelatin, so chill haze and has only been kegged a few days, but the taste is fairly close.

I never figured you a cloner. I still love you though and I'm glad you're back to your proper avatar. I gave up on finings a while back. Time makes good and clear beer. I'd drink yours before the other in a heartbeat!

I never figured you a cloner. I still love you though and I'm glad you're back to your proper avatar. I gave up on finings a while back. Time makes good and clear beer. I'd drink yours before the other in a heartbeat!

I wouldn't consider myself a cloner either. I just brewed the recipe out of Steele's IPA book. And bought a bottle to compare. I wouldn't chase it to try to match it. I also harvested yeast from a can of Heady Topper (rare out here) and have a "clone" fermenting now from the HBT thread. So, I can't say I have no interest, because evidently I do. But mostly, I just brew. And as I am rambling, I think I overshot my abv. :mug:

BTW, in the pic a few post below those are 1/2 pint glasses. I am soo fond of them. I can share with timid neighbors. I can hit my keg too early for a sample and theoretically drink less (or at least burn an extra calorie with each trip to refill). Anyway, I really like them.

I need a word for "man who strained his neck trying to see across his belly to contemplate its button".

Mirror? I hear you're OK if you can still see the weinie.

Why can't I like this twice? LOL!

Yeah.

BTW, in the pic a few post below those are 1/2 pint glasses. I am soo fond of them. I can share with timid neighbors. I can hit my keg too early for a sample and theoretically drink less (or at least burn an extra calorie with each trip to refill). Anyway, I really like them.

I finally have a growing collection of tiny beer glasses. Everyone buys me these huge mugs like I'm some kind of octoberfest alcoholic. I like a small savory sample. If its good I may have several dozen. I'll be right back with a pic.

I can relate to that. I think I'm going shave it though because my photography also sucks.

What's that supposed to mean? Ambient light, perfect composition ( I moved my underwear out of the shot). I have some significant grey on my chin though. Should I dye? I keep thinking the itching is over but it won't stop....

I don't like to see friends arguing. All here is in fun. I take it no other way. I have decided that you are both good eggs. Knock it off before I crack your heads together. Santa is watching...

What's that supposed to mean? Ambient light, perfect composition ( I moved my underwear out of the shot). I have some significant grey on my chin though. Should I dye? I keep thinking the itching is over but it won't stop....

I just read your post wrong. I thought you were making a quirky joke about blaming the pic of your glasses being 'a mess' because your new beard itches. I don't think your photography sucks. (Mine does however.)

I have a weird sense of humor sometimes.

I do appreciate you moving the underwear though.

I can't help you with the itching. I'm getting rid of mine tomorrow.

I just read your post wrong. I thought you were making a quirky joke about blaming the pic of your glasses being 'a mess' because your new beard itches. I don't think your photography sucks. (Mine does however.)

I can relate to a weird sense of humor. I think we would get along just fine if left alone in a room full of good beer and such. I hope that happens someday. Don't shave the beard. It's tough but we can pull through together.

I can relate to a weird sense of humor. I think we would get along just fine if left alone in a room full of good beer and such. I hope that happens someday. Don't shave the beard. It's tough but we can pull through together.

That sounds fun.

If you can stick it out then I guess I can.

I was happy to find the fault in my photograhy skills lays (lies?)with my poor beard growing genetics. ;)

That sounds fun.

If you can stick it out then I guess I can.

I'm hanging in there. Wash your face a lot with hot water and shaving cream. It can't hurt. I've been rubbing vagisil on it lately.

I was happy to find the fault in my photograhy skills lays (lies?)with my poor beard growing genetics. ;)

You may think that but just let it go for a while. You may have a natural beard that only needs a bit of trimming here and there (I hate those guys). Mine grows everywhere and I'm determined to do absolute minimal trimming. We'll see how that goes...a-hole

I'm hanging in there. Wash your face a lot with hot water and shaving cream. It can't hurt. I've been rubbing vagisil on it lately.

You may think that but just let it go for a while. You may have a natural beard that only needs a bit of trimming here and there (I hate those guys). Mine grows everywhere and I'm determined to do absolute minimal trimming. We'll see how that goes...a-hole

I shouldn't drink on a Thursday, if I didn't know better I'd think I was called an a-hole. But since I know better, I'll rest easy. I had to scroll back to find the connection from facial hair to focus. I should log off. :tank:

I shouldn't drink on a Thursday, if I didn't know better I'd think I was called an a-hole. But since I know better, I'll rest easy. I had to scroll back to find the connection from facial hair to focus. I should log off. :tank:

Thursday is "thirsty". I swear I did not do the a-hole thing. Something's wrong with HBT tonight (you saw my picture issues). Yes. I'm also signing out. I should go to work tomorrow:(

Thursday is "thirsty". I swear I did not do the a-hole thing. Something's wrong with HBT tonight (you saw my picture issues). Yes. I'm also signing out. I should go to work tomorrow:(

HBT's forum software has Tourette's Syndrome? I didn't see any other reports of that recently. Maybe there was a lot of pressure in the Tap Room and something squirted out into this topic - that could happen.

what the hell is going on there? Are it's legs nailed to the boards?

No, just spreading them out for a bit of extra heat dissipation for the time. Have never field dressed big game before so a buddy is coming up within the hour to show me how to do it cleanly and properly, and get it prepped for the processor.

Supreme Court of Canada just UNANIMOUSLY struck down the country's anti-prostitution/anti-brothel laws as unconstitutional (though it won't go into effect for a year, to allow time for appeals).

Now, if only the courts could apply the same common sense to the other non-violent, victimless crimes known as drug prohibition...

Got both my firearms and my hunting license in September 2012, but still have yet to hunt big game.

But this PYT almost literally landed at my doorstep today. Looks like good eats.

View attachment 167037

Did you shoot it or did it just land there? I did not shoot a deer again this year. I really meant to. Consider skinning/butchering yourself. It is not that hard and you can be much more particular with trimming.

Did you shoot it or did it just land there? I did not shoot a deer again this year. I really meant to. Consider skinning/butchering yourself. It is not that hard and you can be much more particular with trimming.

It landed there. Freshly hit, and within minutes a number of people asked if they could take it, which really surprised me. Had it been a big buck I might have offered it to somebody as long as I got half or even a quarter of the meat. But this doe is both much easier to handle, and will almost definitely provide better meat. So, back off bitches, she's mine!!

The thing is now dressed, skinned, and hanging (butcher will process it for me early Sunday), and I'm wondering how to help protect it from scavengers until then.

I need a word for "man who strained his neck trying to see across his belly to contemplate its button".
How about "Labroinken"?
That's why I finally decided to keep the beard off. To itchy, and it never really did stop.

I read the last word in that sentence as "genitals" the first time.

The thing is now dressed, skinned, and hanging (butcher will process it for me early Sunday), and I'm wondering how to help protect it from scavengers until then.
Hmm, hunters back home would rub the outside with black pepper to keep the flies off. I doubt that's going to be an issue for you this time of year though. Other then that, they were just careful how they hung the meat. Either that, or started processing it immediately. Dried, salted, smoked, or butchered, whatever the particular person wanted.

It landed there. Freshly hit, and within minutes a number of people asked if they could take it, which really surprised me. Had it been a big buck I might have offered it to somebody as long as I got half or even a quarter of the meat. But this doe is both much easier to handle, and will almost definitely provide better meat. So, back off bitches, she's mine!!

Was the deer skydiving? Or did it get punted off the road by a truck or something? I saw a deer hanging in a 30 ft tree on the median of 495 a few years ago. Strangely funny.

I hit a deer while doing 75 mph on the pike about 10 years ago. The last I saw of the deer was in my rearview mirror as it cartwheeled into the path of several tractor trailers. There wasn't much left to butcher. I'm just glad the thing didn't go through my windshield.

Was the deer skydiving? Or did it get punted off the road by a truck or something? I saw a deer hanging in a 30 ft tree on the median of 495 a few years ago. Strangely funny.

I hit a deer while doing 75 mph on the pike about 10 years ago. The last I saw of the deer was in my rearview mirror as it cartwheeled into the path of several tractor trailers. There wasn't much left to butcher. I'm just glad the thing didn't go through my windshield.

It just got hit by the bottom of my driveway. Wasn't too hard and the only visible damage initially was a broken tibia poking through the skin near it's rear knee. Eventually it became clear the spine was badly damaged and that's pretty much definitely how it died so quickly without really being mangled.

It just got hit by the bottom of my driveway. Wasn't too hard and the only visible damage initially was a broken tibia poking through the skin near it's rear knee. Eventually it became clear the spine was badly damaged and that's pretty much definitely how it died so quickly with really being mangled.

Cool. That's a nice bit of meat from the roadkill gods. Do you have a freezer?

Back