I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LabRatBrewer said:
Brewing in the rain.

Pink? ;). I love it!

I think I got caught in the same glorious rain LRB. Rain is called glorious when you're only used to 1/4 inch or so a year. I was was in SC for the holiday and one of the days glorious rain. Cheers man. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to have a few beers together, the time went by to fast.

passedpawn said:
Last night at Casa Passedpawn. I cropped it to make this shot look like the Norman Rockwell shot (above).

Very well done Pappy. Beautiful family! May I call you NRjr, now? :)

bwarbiany said:
12:30 AM. Kids and wife sleeping like logs. I'm on the back patio enjoying the "frigid" SoCal winter temps... I had to even put on a sweatshirt! Got an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 maduro in my hand, a growler of Pizza Port beer by my side, Pandora and HBT on the phone, and a big-ass brisket going in the smoker. Life is good.

Indeed. Life is good and so is brisket :) !

Sounds like a wonderful "Me Time", as well it should be. What makes a man great? Wives as well as many of us don't always understand until a good nights sleep. I think it's easier for us men than women to have that. Then again I've been called a male chauvinist pig, so I am really not one to give advice.

I edited this text so many times I've forgotten the subject. BBQ, right? ;)
Oh yea. It's our man thing. :)

I'm going through this thread tonight after the fact. I'm a sideliner.

Tried to reply with some nice words and maybe even wit to some posts. Believe it or not, was from my heart.

I didn't reply to everybody. I'm quite possibly an arrogant arse for thinking my opinion counts at all. But I do give it. : )

I doubt I expressed myself well and am quite certain there are people I should have said something to but didn't. I'm just a person and quite fallible.

I would just like to say one or two more things at the end if a long day driving

-BobbiLynn, you are a one of a kind, in a great way! This thread would not be as good as it is if you were not a big part of it. For that's little sister I'm truly grateful.

Mike, ahem, Stauffbier
You , are truly a good man and friend we all want. I'm proud to be able to called one of yours.

Pappy! It sounds crazy given the age difference, but you and my son are the two greatest men I've ever known. Maybe it's the MARINE thing. Or something

BigSumpin said:
Nobody told me there'd be days like these - strange days indeed. J.Lennon
"We Are The Champions"

"I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few."

I doubt you can say this
About mKing brew

I went back to the doctor
to get another shrink
I sit and tell him bout' my weekend
but he never betrays what he thinks

Wooo...

Howdy friends!

Well, it's that busy time of year. I give a lot of home baked goodies as gifts to my family. It takes most of my spare time for the entire month of December to get it all done. Today I started on the Lebkuchen, which is easily the most requested item.

Here's a little thread I started in the food forum for anyone that is interested.

Cheers!
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f56/lebkuchen-445960/

Stauffbier said:
Howdy friends! Well, it's that busy time of year. I give a lot of home baked goodies as gifts to my family. It takes most of my spare time for the entire month of December to get it all done. Today I started on the Lebkuchen, which is easily the most requested item. Here's a little thread I started in the food forum for anyone that is interested. Cheers! https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f56/lebkuchen-445960/

Mike, that looks great! Are you going to show pics of the final product?

Cheers my friend!

Mike, that looks great! Are you going to show pics of the final product?

Cheers my friend!

Thanks Dan! I will show pictures when they are done.

After I bake them I still dress them up with a sugar candy coating and a layer of chocolate, so I'll post photos of all those steps.

They take about 6-7 hours of total combined time to make. I guess that's why they are considered so special traditionally.

This past weekend my youngest daughter and I drove to Camp Pendelton to be with my son and his wife for Thanksgiving. It was a great time. We went to the PX on Saturday and got split up, my daughter and I were together, my boy went over to the electronics department. Time to go came. We went looking for my son Dan, that's his name too. Or Doodlebugs, his mom's nickname for him since he was a baby, I call him that occasionally still. Anyway. Meg's my daughter and I start walking around the PX looking for him. He is my son, her brother so we know what he looks like. Man, we must have followed 4-5 different guys after a glance thinking it was him. All those young MARINES look alike. Tall, athletic build, short hair. After not finding him I told my daughter look for a guy in a black T-shirt. No joy. A lot if those young guys wear black shirts. We finally just called him and said meet us out front if the store.

Haha. Not sure why I'm sharing this.

Cheers!!

It was not a platypus, lschiavo.

Hubby thinks he is back to being head of household, that is fine with me, I'll step down. But now he wants to generate electricity from the magnetic field around the city power lines. He says it would just be a matter of hanging a piece of equipment out there, and free power/energy. We rent land to the electric company, to let them run their power lines through here. Hubby wants to use the magnetic field from the power lines on our property to generate "free" electricity.

Hubby thinks he is back to being head of household, that is fine with me, I'll step down. But now he wants to generate electricity from the magnetic field around the city power lines. He says it would just be a matter of hanging a piece of equipment out there, and free power/energy. We rent land to the electric company, to let them run their power lines through here. Hubby wants to use the magnetic field from the power lines on our property to generate "free" electricity.
That's probably illegal. I remember something way back about somebody getting charged with theft from inducing off the high voltage lines....

Note to all. Do not watch four seasons of Dexter on NetFlix over the course of 5-6 weeks. Freaky! Bhrrrr...

That's probably illegal. I remember something way back about somebody getting charged with theft from inducing off the high voltage lines....

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is. No different from stealing satellite TV, really.

This past weekend my youngest daughter and I drove to Camp Pendelton to be with my son and his wife for Thanksgiving. It was a great time. We went to the PX on Saturday and got split up, my daughter and I were together, my boy went over to the electronics department. Time to go came. We went looking for my son Dan, that's his name too. Or Doodlebugs, his mom's nickname for him since he was a baby, I call him that occasionally still. Anyway. Meg's my daughter and I start walking around the PX looking for him. He is my son, her brother so we know what he looks like. Man, we must have followed 4-5 different guys after a glance thinking it was him. All those young MARINES look alike. Tall, athletic build, short hair. After not finding him I told my daughter look for a guy in a black T-shirt. No joy. A lot if those young guys wear black shirts. We finally just called him and said meet us out front if the store.

Haha. Not sure why I'm sharing this.

Cheers!!

Dan, you are the Hemmingway of our forum. Cool honest anecdotes, opera windows into your life. I feel like an invited voyeur into your life.

When I was young there was a kid, 8-9 years old about my age, his grandma lived a block away from us. Her grandson, David visited during summers. He was in to catching butterflies and bugs; always had a mayonaise jar filled with some bug or other. I guess he was the nerdy kid on the street and he was pretty interesting.

One night he showed us a trick, he held a lightbulb above his head while standing under a powerline and the bulb glowed. EMF, it's pretty phenomenal but not something to play to play with when you're 8. I'm sure an engineer could find some use for it. Pretty cool.

Is it illegal to collect rain water into a cistern? Is that a similar comparison?

I'm drinking an IIPA I made right now and it is very tasty. I make some good beer. I only have my neighbor to share it with, but he's out of town. Too bad. I'm a baller in my own mind. All this good stuff I make, and noone to share it with. Except my virtual brotha's and sista's in the home brew town. Cheers.

For your late nite soundtrack, some old school stuff. Over the hump, here we go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm drinking an IIPA I made right now and it is very tasty. I make some good beer. I only have my neighbor to share it with, but he's out of town. Too bad. I'm a baller in my own mind. All this good stuff I make, and noone to share it with. Except my virtual brotha's and sista's in the home brew town. Cheers.

For your late nite soundtrack, some old school stuff. Over the hump, here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrevbVA0Ec

Not sure if my it's my hearing or headphones but I can't clearly distiguish the words. That seems to be a common problem with me and hearing clearly these days. Liked the beat and ryhthm :D

Been listening to music like this the last hour or so. I'm going to sleep, very relaxed. Just thought I'd share before I crash.

Peace

Okay, bring me back from a slumber. I'll stick with my bedtime Japanese flute and rain but ^^ I might just have to put on my morning alarm clock! :D

I have to admit. I am truly stuck on my name. Daniel, Dan, Danny. Did you ever wonder why Dan is my handle?

There is something cool about being called Daniel. God liked the name, it is also a name for rebelliousness. It's a good Irish name, I think? Could be wrong about that and probably am.

The 'Celtic Woman' do a wonderful job singing the song 'Danny Boy'. I pretty much love every song by that name because that's just the narcissitic arse I am. And whether enviorment or genetics endears the life of Dan to me.. Who the eff knows? (disclaimer.. after work tonight I had a few beers.)

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm rambling now. Let me just play this song from those lovely girls..

20 days till Christmas. Time to start with the good cheer. DO IT!

I'm not a christian, but I am 100% about the spirit of the season. If you can't watch the following video and get into the feeling of the season, then I feel sorry for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQeKdvXliIU

Christmas is about the goodness that comes from our hearts. It is a celebration of life.

There are to many religions around the world to beleive only one is the correct one. (Just my opinion) People are good and we want to love and care for our brothers and sisters. Our hearts, no matter what pyramid of financial or religious standing we have, always need one thing. - Love.

At least on time a year we need to be happy with each other, appreciate each other. Let that time be Christmas!

Stauff, Thankyou for the 'Likes". I'm on a bit of a drunken roll, but believe you know me pretty well.

Cheers my Brother!

Dan

20 days till Christmas. Time to start with the good cheer. DO IT!

I'm not a christian, but I am 100% about the spirit of the season. If you can't watch the following video and get into the feeling of the season, then I feel sorry for you.

i've been watching that 1 for almost 50 years, and still have to watch it every year

Cheers Dan!

Sorry I wasn't responding. When I start getting tired and punchy I tend to lose ambition to type, so I just start "liking" everything. I was really tired last night.

Happy Friday brother and to everyone else out there, as well!

Is it illegal to collect rain water into a cistern? Is that a similar comparison?
Unfortunately, it isn't an appropriate analogy. One that is closer would be installing a pipe that bypasses your water meter. Inducing off the line is still tapping the artificial energy source, just as much so as being hooked to it through a hard line.

It may interest you to know that it is illegal to collect rain water in many places. The argument is that the water rights and the property rights are separate and you as the land owner do not have the right to stop the water from flowing naturally into the aquifer. You also can't dam rivers running over your property.

Back