I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very toasty here today and first power outage of the summer occurred this evening. Fairly widespread. Two of my co-workers, one 15 miles east and the other 30 miles NW of here are out of power as well.

Cell towers must still be working though cause my phone works. 74

Sup everyone? I'm still alive in case you were wondering. I'm sure I missed a ton. Did you seriously put a bandana :ban: on Sean Connery's head Dan? Cracks me up. Anyway, I hope this finds you well and good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan! How you doin Buddy?
Keep cool! Keep the refrigerator doors closed, it's going to be a while.

For those who don't know. Our local power sun station was hit by lightening at 19:00. Burned to the ground. From what I heard a total loss. 150,000+ without power on a day that was 105 and raining!

I left the living room windows open and everyone was asleep when I left home. The house was 84 at 20:30. I told them all if they get too hot to make a fort in the living room and sleep there.

Edison was estimating our house would get power restored at 03:00. They're now saying 7-9pm tomorrow night!

At work we've got full backup power and can generate almost indefinitely, so it'll be business as usual for me tonight.

Oh yeah, did I mention my wife is number 4 of the 5 of us to get the nasty flu that's going around. I had it Thursday, my youngest wed, my second fri and I had to pick Julie up from work this morning because she was afraid to drive home she was so weak. God's timing truly is his.

Luckily I've taught wilderness survival for the past 8 years, which has put me into contact with my fair share of whack job survivalists. I mean real doomsday, zombie, fall out shelter types. Picked up some good tips. We should be just fine until it comes back on without getting into our emergency supplies. Gonna teach the kids how to make an evaporation refrigerator tomorrow.

Sup everyone? I'm still alive in case you were wondering. I'm sure I missed a ton. Did you seriously put a bandana :ban: on Sean Connery's head Dan? Cracks me up. Anyway, I hope this finds you well and good.

YouTube
Welcome back, I guess reports of your demise were exaggerated. :p

...Luckily I've taught wilderness survival for the past 8 years, which has put me into contact with my fair share of whack job survivalists. I mean real doomsday, zombie, fall out shelter types. Picked up some good tips. We should be just fine until it comes back on without getting into our emergency supplies. Gonna teach the kids how to make an evaporation refrigerator tomorrow.
Sounds like a fun project to do with the kids.

I go on a little vacation and the thread turns into sandwiches and teeth stories. What happened to the hot women music videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2700em-JQ
Ah, there's one now.

*pokes sleeping cat*

Random thought of the evening. Don't continue to use the little bottles of shampoo you swipe from the room when your back at home. I wake up to shampooing with avocado and basil and then it is quite the bummer to realize I'm not still on vacation and I've got to get my butt into work. Crap.

I hate those shots. They knock me out. Most of the time I'd rather just deal with the pain.

Like who? Cronus?

I pulled a couple of those out after the last time I got teeth pulled. It sounds horrible, but when I pulled mine out it didn't really hurt that much.

I only take them when the pain takes me to thoughts of one shot or another;)

Not Cronus(time) maybe Hades or Penthos:D

No, didn't even bleed just hard to get a hold of with a tweezers:p More creepy then anything.

Welcome back opus, and snaps, sounds like a good learning experience for the kids.

A couple of my chickens attacked my fake chicken, I thought they were going to break it, but they didn't. One butted it in the chest and sent it flying across the driveway. Now I am thinking, great decoy for the raccoons and coyotes. I'm going to google decoy hunting and trapping, see if I can get some good tips.

Welcome back opus, and snaps, sounds like a good learning experience for the kids.

A couple of my chickens attacked my fake chicken, I thought they were going to break it, but they didn't. One butted it in the chest and sent it flying across the driveway. Now I am thinking, great decoy for the raccoons and coyotes. I'm going to google decoy hunting and trapping, see if I can get some good tips.

Problem being that compared to chickens, raccoons and coyotes are Nobel Laureate material.

Problem being that compared to chickens, raccoons and coyotes are Nobel Laureate material.
DDSpV[1].gif

My cousin passed on today. He was 33. 5 months younger than me. We think it was a brain aneurism, but the coroners report is still pending. Crazy. You just never know how much time you have. He always liked this song.

Sorry for your loss BBL Brewer. Never easy. Lost a friend last Monday, very sudden. Was determined it was due to a blood clot. Think of him every day.

Thanks guys. I'm still kind of in shock. While we're on Nirvana Unplugged, this is one of my personal favorites.

My cousin passed on today. He was 33. 5 months younger than me. We think it was a brain aneurism, but the coroners report is still pending. Crazy. You just never know how much time you have. He always liked this song.

YouTube

Wow, sorry to hear that BBL

I only take them when the pain takes me to thoughts of one shot or another;)

Not Cronus(time) maybe Hades or Penthos:D

No, didn't even bleed just hard to get a hold of with a tweezers:p More creepy then anything.
You're thinking of Chronos.
Take a look at the third image down. The one by Peter Paul Rubens... If you want to risk losing your lunch.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus

YouTube

Sorry for your loss BBL Brewer. Never easy. Lost a friend last Monday, very sudden. Was determined it was due to a blood clot. Think of him every day.
May you find comfort from those still among the living, and remember all the good things of those recently departed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B58OBfM-8A4"]Skillet - Whispers In The Dark[/ame]

Sorry to hear that BBL. condolences to you and your family. LG (the artist behind the bandana) as usual speaks wise words.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

For some reason, lake of fire reminded me of this.

I made some more cheesy rolls of DOOM! No bacon or bratz in these ones. Just bread, spices, and cheese. Some queso fresco, cheddar, and monterey jack.

They are for a potluck tomorrow at work. So I made 2 dozen with the same amount of dough as last times 6.

I made me some chile relleno burritos with fresh Hatch chiles for dinner. Literally one of my top 5 favorite foods!

I had a couple brews with dinner. Now I'm having a Mojito.

I made me some chile relleno burritos with fresh Hatch chiles for dinner. Literally one of my top 5 favorite foods!

I had a couple brews with dinner. Now I'm having a Mojito.
Hmm, a mojito sounds good. No fresh limes here though. I'll have to get some. I've got mint growing in my back yard.

YouTube

Sorry to hear that. Life comes with an expiration date. Sucks. My day's coming. All of ours are coming.

Welcome to the thread Mary. Sounds like one heck of a night.

Loosen your bandana Dano. That's a spambot you're talking too.

Chili relleno burritos sound so good! BBL, you are in my thoughts. Sorry about your loss.

Back