I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's SOP for most employers to immediately drug test anybody involved in an accident. If somebody had an accident because they were high, the company isn't liable. So they don't have to pay workmans comp, or the medical for the accident.

Yep, urine and blood full spectrum test BEFORE then they had to call my employer to see IF they should look at my thumb;)

The whole drug testing thing seems so bizarre. It is almost never required for jobs this side of the border.

Speaking of drugs... I'd light up a drug test like a Christmas tree right now. I've been alternating between Motrin, Vicodin, Codeine, and Tramadol for about 1.5 weeks now. I haven't been drinking much beer as a result. I'm really getting tired of taking pain killers. I feel awful every morning. Worse than an alcohol hangover.

1.5 more weeks to go, and I'll never have a toothache ever again.

Certainly does...I don't have any chalk dust in me, but I can pretend right???? "Oh man, its so chalky, better HAHB...."

^^^^^That is soo awesome. Having grown up with the space race it never amazes me to see a rocket take off into outer space. Its on my bucket list to do a space trip but not likely.

Yep, urine and blood full spectrum test BEFORE then they had to call my employer to see IF they should look at my thumb;)
Brain hurts. Should have looked at the injury first. Then done the testing.
The whole drug testing thing seems so bizarre. It is almost never required for jobs this side of the border.
Practically everybody around here does pre-employment drug testing. Usually a urine test. Mine also does random swab tests every three months.
Speaking of drugs... I'd light up a drug test like a Christmas tree right now. I've been alternating between Motrin, Vicodin, Codeine, and Tramadol for about 1.5 weeks now. I haven't been drinking much beer as a result. I'm really getting tired of taking pain killers. I feel awful every morning. Worse than an alcohol hangover.

1.5 more weeks to go, and I'll never have a toothache ever again.
Getting them all removed and getting dentures?
That was sweet.

Out of curiosity, is that expensive?

I'm paying about $3000.00 for pulling and dentures. Most of the other dentists in town want about twice that much. I'm using a very old dentist that will be retiring soon. He charges very cheap prices as compared to others. He's so old it's kind of scary, but a lot of people swear by him. Ironically my father had the same procedure done by him 35 years ago. I figured I better retain his services while I still can!

I'm paying about $3000.00 for pulling and dentures. Most of the other dentists in town want about twice that much. I'm using a very old dentist that will be retiring soon. He charges very cheap prices as compared to others. He's so old it's kind of scary, but a lot of people swear by him. Ironically my father had the same procedure done by him 35 years ago. I figured I better retain his services while I still can!
Thanks Stauffbier. I'm probably looking at the same thing in another 10 years or so.

Thanks Stauffbier. I'm probably looking at the same thing in another 10 years or so.

Sorry to hear that. If you're struggling with tooth pain, I feel for you. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. After struggling with this for 15 years I'm glad it will finally be over.

Hello late niters. Hope all is well.

Nothing useful to contribute here, but thought I'd drop a ditty for your enjoyment. In the midweek, I'm always in the easy listening mood, and Neil Young is a great sound.

So, for your late nite soundtrack, please consider this:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Los Angeles Dodgers just can NOT stand to lose. I'm in heaven.

(Sorry to bring a religious and political post to this thread)

Carry on.

I'm following a fire suppression inspection company all night. Inspecting Ansul and extinguishers. Boring.

Hey! I got logged in from Tennessee. Arrived yesterday. It's cold here. I think in the 60s. I'll get some pictures of all the tractors once the fest starts tomorrow. Today hubby went fishing and I asked why I wasn't allowed to go. He said, full boat, no room for the wives. Plus he thinks I'll curse too much. I do curse a lot when I am out fishing. The local reverend is out fishing with them. They better catch some fish.

Its a well known superstition that has a priest aboard a fishing vessel, particularly one who is in his vestments but not necessarily, is terrible luck. In fact, even saying the words "priest" or "father" (when you are referring to a priest, not your dad) is bad enough luck.

Hubby is working from a deficit here.

I've never heard of that before. Mind blown.
It's quite common actually. The sad thing is my teeth were great. Strong, straight, and only one cavity my entire life. There was no stopping the gums from receding. Tried various treatments and medications over the years. None of which worked.

3k for teeth....holy crap. Are they gold, sterling or platinum?

Hell I only go to the dentist every 8 to 10 years...for a cleaning.
3K is cheap. Everyone else in town is charging 6-8K...
Sorry to hear that Mike. I remember when both my parents had that done and it is a miserable (even if necessary) thing. Hope you get through it!
Thanks Mark. As crazy as it sounds, it's a good thing. I've been dealing with intense pain for a long time. It will finally be over. It's also good, because my condition is tied in with "inflammation" which can cause heart problems.

It's quite common actually. The sad thing is my teeth were great. Strong, straight, and only one cavity my entire life. There was no stopping the gums from receding. Tried various treatments and medications over the years. None of which worked.

3K is cheap. Everyone else in town is charging 6-8K...

Thanks Mark. As crazy as it sounds, it's a good thing. I've been dealing with intense pain for a long time. It will finally be over. It's also good, because my condition is tied in with "inflammation" which can cause heart problems.

Sorry, for that. I was on sulfur drugs as a child and one of the side affects is enamel loss, I can't even drink a cola makes my teeth feel like they're made of chalk. Even brushing has cut grooves in my teeth. 12 root canals, 8 crowns, 4 pulled teeth, and 3 parcels later. I have thought about going that route but my dentist says wait til after I pay for his trip to Hawaii. (tongue in cheek, my dentist is pretty funny)
That is a great price actually.
Take it easy and keep those sockets wet.

If I had millions of dollars to blow I'd seriously consider getting all my teeth replaced with perfect, top-quality implants. Can only imagine what that would cost...

Take it easy and keep those sockets wet.
Thanks! I've had dry socket before, and it hurts like he!!...

If I had millions of dollars to blow I'd seriously consider getting all my teeth replaced with perfect, top-quality implants. Can only imagine what that would cost...

$8000.00 from my dentist:D

I got a quote on that for $10,000.00 here. The only problem (aside from price) is my gum disease could still be an issue with implants, I believe.

Thanks! I've had dry socket before, and it hurts like he!!...

I got a quote on that for $10,000.00 here. The only problem (aside from price) is my gum disease could still be an issue with implants, I believe.

Gum disease or periodontal disease?

Arggh, I'm in charge of cooking the fish tonight and freezing the extra. I'm just going to cook the channel cat, scampi style. Dice it, get the garlic butter hot in a cast iron pan, mmm, it'll taste like lobster. The "good" fish, bass and the catfish people normally eat, I'll package up for the freezer. I am better at cooking things that people don't normally eat.

I better go brush my teeth too. I have some kind of mouth deformity that prevents me from ever wearing dentures. Thought I had an extra set of teeth, but dentist says it's bone growing there. There is a word for it but I don't remember. He says it's rare. Hmmm, that's fitting.

Arggh, I'm in charge of cooking the fish tonight and freezing the extra. I'm just going to cook the channel cat, scampi style. Dice it, get the garlic butter hot in a cast iron pan, mmm, it'll taste like lobster. The "good" fish, bass and the catfish people normally eat, I'll package up for the freezer. I am better at cooking things that people don't normally eat.

I better go brush my teeth too. I have some kind of mouth deformity that prevents me from ever wearing dentures. Thought I had an extra set of teeth, but dentist says it's bone growing there. There is a word for it but I don't remember. He says it's rare. Hmmm, that's fitting.

I'm sorry, but are you part shark? Maybe that's why channel cat tastes like lobster to you. Sorry, couldn't help it. Glad you're having fun. My homebrew club camp out is this weekend. Probably just a 6 hr detour to stop by for the low country boil saturday.

Enough with the dental talk! I'm not as bad off as poor Stauff, but I've got a semi-impacted wisdom tooth and broken incisor I'm getting pulled Monday and I'm about 120% not looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back