I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydrate dude, hydrate!

Yeah, I post, then I get a better video. Sorry.
No worries. Yeah, I switched to something chemically inoffensive. Good luck with the time machine. :fro:

It's been a long time since I've been drunk for over four hours....

EDIT: Cinnamon rolls are out and have been glazed. I'm letting them cool a bit before digging in.:ban:

No worries. Yeah, I switched to something chemically inoffensive. Good luck with the time machine. :fro:

It's been a long time since I've been drunk for over four hours....

EDIT: Cinnamon rolls are out and have been glazed. I'm letting them cool a bit before digging in.:ban:

Nice. I am hitting my chemically offensive accidental Centennial Belgian pretty hard now. It's strangely not a bad Belgian, if you go for that sort of beer. I pitched Nottingham on (I think) a poorly oxygenated wort and got this as a result - estery bananas. As accidents go it is not bad, but I am trying to clear out the bottles so I can put some good stuff in them.

The don't make an emoticon for this, closest I can find :rockin: :fro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHqUipinDywhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHqUipinDyw

210647-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Yellow-Smiley-Face-Waving-An-American-Flag.jpg

Sorry for the delay in reply, I was having a tender moment with my pizza. Crust came out awesome, even with raw tomatoes in lieu of sauce. Picked the basil about 30 seconds before it went in the oven. I haven't made a homemade pizza in over a year, gosh it is good.

Step one of cooking a pizza without a wood pizza oven - turn your oven to 11 :rockin: If Satan doesn't crawl out and say "Geez, it's getting a little warm in there", keep cranking. If it takes more than 10 minutes to cook your pizza, you're doing it wrong.

Belly...so...happy...

I've heard disconnecting the safety switch for the clean setting is the way to go, but I've never tried.

Dinner time here.

Sausages are adequately split and almost done on the grill. Bell peppers and onions are almost finished sautéing. Buns are toasting. Hmmmm...something is missing...

image-436742313.jpg

India Brown Ale!

Nice. I am hitting my chemically offensive accidental Centennial Belgian pretty hard now. It's strangely not a bad Belgian, if you go for that sort of beer. I pitched Nottingham on (I think) a poorly oxygenated wort and got this as a result - estery bananas. As accidents go it is not bad, but I am trying to clear out the bottles so I can put some good stuff in them.

Banana has no place in any Belgain style. Nasty banana ester homebrewed 'belgians' are why so many people think they don't like Belgian beer.

If you used dry yeast, aeration shouldn't be an issue. It's about have way down, something to do with sterols.

My Yooper inspired (sump pump additional cooler added) fermenter holding at about 66f all day in a garage that is about 80f. Not bad.

Reasonable amount of duct tape. Sump pump well, nice touch. A septic lift well would have been more yooper and much cheaper(used). A bit heavy on the electronics but thats ok with me...I'm a yooper geek. I actually have a chest freezer with a love controller (cold crashing a beer right now). All in all, that would not look out of place in any UP garage. Nice work.

Leaving for the second half of my vacation tomorrow, heading to Tennessee for the tractor festival thing. Tonight, trying out all my latest concoctions. The grape jam mead is coming along well. Honey and grape jam, water and EC-118. So smooth.

Leaving for the second half of my vacation tomorrow, heading to Tennessee for the tractor festival thing. Tonight, trying out all my latest concoctions. The grape jam mead is coming along well. Honey and grape jam, water and EC-118. So smooth......WITH TOAST

Fixed that for ya. But what isn't smooth with toast?

Fixed that for ya. But what isn't smooth with toast?

Are you making fun of my grape jam mead? Don't knock it until you've tried it. It would be good served with toast wedges. I just heated some water, melted the honey and jam into it, then into the fermenter with enough water so it was still very sweet. Then pitched the dry yeast. It really is quite good.

Are you making fun of my grape jam mead? Don't knock it until you've tried it. It would be good served with toast wedges. I just heated some water, melted the honey and jam into it, then into the fermenter with enough water so it was still very sweet. Then pitched the dry yeast. It really is quite good.

I would never make fun of one of your recipes...

Time for bed my nighttime friends. First day of school for the two oldest kids so it's a little later to sleep and a little earlier ill have to get up today.

image-2656716386.jpg

They were excited to start. Can't believe how fast they're growing.

image-4114575169.jpg

Banana has no place in any Belgain style. Nasty banana ester homebrewed 'belgians' are why so many people think they don't like Belgian beer.

If you used dry yeast, aeration shouldn't be an issue. It's about have way down, something to do with sterols.

For some reason that page isn't loading for me.

I forgot to mention that I put my wort on a washed Nottingham yeast cake from a previous batch. The first batch came out clean, the second batch on the cake is the one that got bananas. Wort oxygenation was probably an issue, as well as perhaps some temperature shock as I used chilled make-up water.

Strangely enough I got a similar banana flavor in a separate batch of stout using US-05. There I think I may have underpitched.

At any rate I have to pay more attention to aeration and pitch rates, can't hurt.

For some reason that page isn't loading for me.

I forgot to mention that I put my wort on a washed Nottingham yeast cake from a previous batch. The first batch came out clean, the second batch on the cake is the one that got bananas. Wort oxygenation was probably an issue, as well as perhaps some temperature shock as I used chilled make-up water.

Strangely enough I got a similar banana flavor in a separate batch of stout using US-05. There I think I may have underpitched.

At any rate I have to pay more attention to aeration and pitch rates, can't hurt.

Banana from 05? Wow, that's remarkable. :ban:

Link to Danstar FAQ take 2!

Man that sucks. Pain is no fun, especially when it's the kind of pain that can halt work in its tracks.

Well, home early dislocated my thumb at work today weight and lifting restrictions drug test etc. 3 1/2 hours at the walk-in beer + pain killers needed them AT the clinic:mad:

Man, popping your thumb out hurts. Kind of a weird injury. How'd you do it?

Was taking a down a Z axis way cover and the last screw was only a 1/2 inch long the others were 1 1/2 so kinda dropped unexpected. It popped back just hurt like hell, finished changing the counter balance piston added oil charged with 750psi of Nitrogen (always makes me think this would be better served dispensing stout on my keezer) guards and covers back verified proper operation turned the CNC machine back over to production. Informed plant supervisor and he sent me for a drug test and oh have them check out your thumb (a$$-hat)

Was taking a down a Z axis way cover and the last screw was only a 1/2 inch long the others were 1 1/2 so kinda dropped unexpected. It popped back just hurt like hell, finished changing the counter balance piston added oil charged with 750psi of Nitrogen (always makes me think this would be better served dispensing stout on my keezer) guards and covers back verified proper operation turned the CNC machine back over to production. Informed plant supervisor and he sent me for a drug test and oh have them check out your thumb (a$$-hat)

They drug tested you after you hurt yourself? Geez, is that normal?

Banana from 05? Wow, that's remarkable. :ban:

Link to Danstar FAQ take 2!

I can read that link on my home computer.

The only other possibility of the flavor in both batches (one on repitched Notty, the other on fresh US-05) *might* be a common infection, but I have a hard time believing that, as it is otherwise clean beer, properly carbonated, no funky floaties or anything. I think it is a combination of oxygen deprivation and underpitching and thermal shock. I'll just try to be a little kinder to my yeasties.

They drug tested you after you hurt yourself? Geez, is that normal?
It's SOP for most employers to immediately drug test anybody involved in an accident. If somebody had an accident because they were high, the company isn't liable. So they don't have to pay workmans comp, or the medical for the accident.

I think I've mentioned that the screen on my old phone wouldn't power on, I then played with it trying to get it to work and it stopped turning on at all.

Something kind of funny happened yesterday. I was hooking my ps2 up to the tv for the first time since I bought my house April of last year. I couldn't find the controllers. So I ended up looking through all of my boxes that might have electronics in them... That's like 14 boxes. I didn't find the controllers, but I did find my precision torx. So, I took my old phone apart. It turns out the ribbon cable for the screen had actually just popped loose. Ok, plugged that back in. Reassembled. Nope, not powering on. Took it apart again, noticed that one of the contacts for the keyboard was peeling up. Taped that down with a little piece of scotch tape. Put it back together. Now it works perfectly. So, in summary, I fixed my old cell phone with a piece of scotch tape. :confused:

I already had the new phone activated, so I just transferred the contacts from the old phone. The old phone cost $50, the new one cost $40 and is actually a slightly better phone. So, I'm just going to keep the old one as a backup.

Today I got the rest of the info on my compensation. I mentioned I'm losing my incentive pay I think. My base pay is going up a fair amount, but not equal to the incentive pay I was making. The net effect is I'll be losing almost exactly 10% of my total pay. The up side is that I won't have to deal with the incentive pay system anymore. It changes every few months. I always figure it out in a week or so and haven't completely lost incentive pay for several years, but it was always a PITA to deal with. All in all, I'm very happy with the outcome. Since it is incentive pay the company could have simply taken it away without warning or compensation.

Latest posts

Back