I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each time she would have periods of incredible emotional instability, while simultaneously claiming no such thing was going on.

Oh, I just quoted the wrong way, old habit, what LG said. It's tough, but not impossible. Just trying to do my thing and stay out of his way. Maybe I get mad at the disease alot, but I don't get mad at him, mostly just confused.

I think true love is when you never look at faults, only look at the good and ignore the rest. Support something that you don't agree with, because it wasn't your decision to make, it was your loved one's decision and support whatever they decided on. I have friends and family like that and feel truly blessed to have them.

I think true love is when you never look at faults, only look at the good and ignore the rest. Support something that you don't agree with, because it wasn't your decision to make, it was your loved one's decision and support whatever they decided on. I have friends and family like that and feel truly blessed to have them.
Excellent. Have a bar of chocolate and call me in the morning.:fro:

You really are lucky to have that kind of support.

Shakespeare:

Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Hello to all. haven't been here for a while. Just wanted to stop in and see whats up. Anything new and exciting?
Well, a flying saucer made my remote work. The chickens are going to eat BL's dog. Some milk was also made ductile. The possum army is mustarding it's forces, there is rumor of some alliance with the rock chucks. Lots and lots of booze, and a few of my favorite things.

Nope, nothing special.

Sounds like my kinda place. I got lost for a while. To much work, not enough beer and the drama of kids. I think things have finally started to settle down. Thos emust be some bigass chickens. hopefully the dog can put up a good fight.

I passed the buck again today and I just hope I put it into the right hands.

I'm not depressed, I got my Zoloft. But I do love this:

For my friend Laura because we can always spare a dime for each other. We were even room mates back in the day and would be broke but dance together like this, in the first part of the video. I know I am rambling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my first tatoo. It hurt but Id do it again. The only chance Shakespeare has of coming back is with the zombie apocolypse. According to my 11 years old its coming soon.

I finally got my first tatoo. It hurt but Id do it again. The only chance Shakespeare has of coming back is with the zombie apocolypse. According to my 11 years old its coming soon.

Yes, any day now and that is why we must prepare. Will it really hurt that much, is that why my friend suggested getting here 2 hours ahead of time with some liquor? She said the liquor will make me bleed more, but the artist should be able to handle that, just wipe it up.

I didnt drink before mine. i was told that it does make you bleed a little more. I just had alot of beer after it was done. I also got mine on the back of my head and neck. How big are your chickens?

I didnt drink before mine. i was told that it does make you bleed a little more. I just had alot of beer after it was done. I also got mine on the back of my head and neck. How big are your chickens?

They aren't even chickens yet, they are still eggs. I said my dog wanted to eat the chickens but it got misconstrued, because a bunch of people think my dog is a wimp. But, don't listen to them, my dog will be the one eating the chickens. Something is fixin' to go down.

The chickapocalypse is coming. Soon the mighty giant chickens of doom shall arise and devour their old nemesis the canis domesticus!

The eggs are hatching!! 3 so far. My dog is curious and a bit jealous, but not messing with them. I don't know why but I thought they would be cuter. Chickens in the house for the next 8 weeks, yeah. I guess I better get used to the noise.

Awww, babies. 6 so far now, these are the first 3 to hatch. Some are black and some are gold. They are called Rhode Island Reds. I wonder if the black ones are boys and the gold ones girls, will have to look it up. If most of these eggs hatch and I end up with 20 chickens in my house... They were hubby's idea. :confused:

Hubby is pissed about me getting a tattoo so I have decided to get 2 tattoos. The second one will be a surprise for him. I don't wear a wedding ring, because I don't wear jewelry, so gonna get one on my ring finger for him. He's not mad because he doesn't want me to have one, but I keep telling him no money, no money... he overlooks the beer thing, but the tattoo was too much. So I bought him some farm equipment he's been wanting. There, now his things are paid for(things I did not think we needed), so I'm still getting my tattoos. Now plural.

100_0927.JPG

I asked hubby if we should give them some toys to play with and he said, no, they are stupid animals and they don't play with toys. But I gave them a couple toys after hubby left to go to the barn, and they do seem interested.

I also brewed today but got so distracted by the babies that I ended up doing a 3 hour boil and I have no idea what my hop schedule was. Also the no-chill method, I guess you would call it. I just put a sanitized piece of cheesecloth over the kettle and let it cool outside on it's own. Was busy.

Well, my dog is a wimp, he is afraid of the babies. Hubby threatened him, don't mess with the chickens! So now he trembles when I show him one. He knows he was told to leave them alone so afraid to even give them a sniff, but he did get some sniffs in.

More babies...

100_0941.JPG

I'm in the mood for chicken tacos all of a sudden...

So, I was going to brew tomorrow, but they are forcasting 50MPH winds with brown skies. Saturday will be even worse at 60+MPH winds. I'm itching to brew so bad! It's not like I need beer. I think I just love the process of brewing more than I love drinking it. Although, I really love drinking it too! Monday is supposed to be calm, clear, and cool, so I think I'll take a vacation day and brew then. If my anticipation doesn't kill me first!

Between trying to keep a flame the worry about dust in the wort makes it tough to brew on days like that. I haven't brewed in a while but next Friday I'll be doing my vanilla pumpkin porter so I can't wait (especially after the day I had today!)

This one came up in iTunes while I was putting some primer on the walls. I don't know why but I've always taken this song to heart and get all sentimental when I hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the mood for chicken tacos all of a sudden...

I thought about a tiny skewer and open flame, probably very sweet and tender. But, not enough meat on their bones yet. If my dog does end up killing a chicken, I will just tell hubby, that's okay, that's the one I was planning to cook for dinner.

Between trying to keep a flame the worry about dust in the wort makes it tough to brew on days like that. I haven't brewed in a while but next Friday I'll be doing my vanilla pumpkin porter so I can't wait (especially after the day I had today!)

My best homebrew to date is an IIPA that I brewed on a dusty, windy day. I named it Dust Devil IIPA. It was oh so good, but I was nervous about the dust the entire time. Not to mention problems with the flame like you mentioned. I could probably deal with it again, but I'm not motivated to do so...

Make sure you clip those beaks soon. It doesn't take the little bastidges long to start pecking at each other...I don't like chickens. Dumb mean, messy little cusses.

Wow, I must have unsubscribed from this somehow, I thought that it had died! Glad to see its still gurgling ;)

Make sure you clip those beaks soon. It doesn't take the little bastidges long to start pecking at each other...I don't like chickens. Dumb mean, messy little cusses.

They already started pecking each other and making a nasty mess. I sprinkled the food into the rock, it has holes all through it to hold food and a rough surface. They all love pecking at it so I am hoping that will keep their beaks down. Also switching to infra-red lighting today, that's supposed to keep them calmer and keep them from being as mean.

Welcome back to the topic, BB. We're still rambling about nothing in particular.

I'm not saying that any animal should ever be treated inhumanely... but its really hard to care too much about the feelings of chickens. They are kind of the jack krackers of the animal world.

Look what I found today while looking for more junk to sell. He was in a box in a dark corner. Date on him is 1985. It looks like someone opened the box but he doesn't appear to be used. Questioned hubby about it and he said a gag gift that got left here from a party years ago. I don't remember that party. Of course, I don't much remember 1985 at all.

I think it's false advertising because the doll looks nothing like his picture on the front. And he has an innie, not an outie, so all around he is useless to me. Think he's worth some money? A collector might want him?

100_0948.JPG

Oh, and v-man, I found out that scale was only worth about 50 bucks so I'm going to keep it. Sorry about that. :(

Back