I just got told by a 3 year old

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bscott1011

Reaction score
This morning I bottled an IIPA and and brewing porter. I pulled a sample just before bottling and my assistant brewmaster (3 yo daughter) was supposed to be watching my brew kettle to tell me when it boiled. She knows what a boil is and is a constant help in the kitchen. She looked over at me and saw my glass. Assistant brewmaster put her hands on her hips, cocked her head to the left and gave me the most sarcastic "Are you having beer, why am I not supprised?" that I have ever heard. I may be in trouble with this one.

Ohh god, she's just like her mom! You should brew her some rootbeer so she can join in. Next day at kindergarten: teacher- "what did you all do this weekend" daughter-"drank beer with my dad"

Hate to be a bummer but it sounds like a little trouble in paradise is rubbing off on the assistant brewmaster... I'll be the first to admit though, that (living in the 'Bible Belt') it raised a few eyebrows when my son (also 3 years old) told his preschool teacher that he was going to "help Daddy brew beer" when he got home one day...

When her mom asks how brew day went with daddy you should teach her to say,"Mom stop harshing my buzz."

:mug:

Doubt it is trouble in paradise, wife is actually very supportive of my brewing. Little one is learning sarcasm, last week her favorite phrase was "you have GOT to be kidding me!" in response to any question or request. One of those things that is severely cute the first time or two, not so much after.

Yeah I read the OP and can see my 3 yo daughter saying the exact same thing!

Just wait til you start kegging. When my daughter was five and my buddies would come over and take a homebrew off of the keg she would go by and say "You Rookie" if the head on their beer was to much.

Back