I just can't do it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zguy

Reaction score
I can't throw out this ruined beer.

I'll make a long story short. Beer got infected but threw in keg and cooled before infection could get very far. It tastes a little funky but not horrible. Cloudy as all get out. Was about to toss it today but after getting it out of the fridge I became really upset, put it back in the fridge and drank another glass of it. I'm not happy with myself, I thought I had more taste than this.

LOL! Sounds like you need to move on to your rebound beer. That beer is no good for you. You're not in a healthy relationship with it. Time to move on and dump that batch when your new one is carbed.

LOL! Sounds like you need to move on to your rebound beer. That beer is no good for you. You're not in a healthy relationship with it. Time to move on and dump that batch when your new one is carbed.

Right. If you can't do it face-to-face, maybe you could pay a friend to do it for you while you are away. Hire a hitman.

I had a 10 gallon batch I thought was infected so I turned the first keg into a very tasty malt vinegar and forgot the second keg completely. A year later I found it in my beer fridge and tasted it before dumping it in the yard. It was actually excellent, the off taste I hated apparently was WLP 005 yeast. Once it settled out for a year the beer was fine.

If it doesn't taste good, dump it and move on. No sense in prolonging the agony...

Find a keg hitman for hire and give him a 6 pack of good beer to fertilize the lawn with your bad keg..

Just tasted a batch that I mashed too low and thought is was bad. Now I'm thinking I might fill bottles to drain my other keg and put this one in it's place.

It's the last chance it has to taste good, or it's outta there! I can always make more, and I'm not above BUYING replacement beer if I have to...

Back