I hope a few of you can help me out.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eppo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've just completed a number of changes to my homebrewing application for android:
* Ability to use Metric units
* Made Strike Water calculator more accurate.
* added tsp and tbls to the misc units
* added use of Slurry for yeast.
I'm looking for some homebrewers that use Metric units to beta test this next revision before I release it.
If your interested, please join the Wort community on google+ or send me a message, and let me know.
I really appreciate the help.
here is a link to the google play store if you want to check out the current app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.dynamicdesigns.wort

Heya, I just installed your app. I just recently got an Android phone and have been searching for a good brewing app.

In my searching, I saw a comment from you that you had used BrewPal and liked it and that you were trying to make an Android app with the same functionality.

I just put in a recipe for a batch I'll be brewing tomorrow, and I have to say I really like how easy it is to input ingredients in your app. Just being able to look through the list of grains and select what I want to add was super smooth. I also like that the only ingredients I had to type in myself are some new(ish) hop varieties (Calypso and Legacy).

Also, being able to input my irish moss and yeast nutrient additions as teaspoon measurements was nice.

A couple things I would request in future updates:

1) It was too easy to accidentally erase ingredients. As I was trying to familiarize myself with the different aspects of the app, I accidentally deleted ingredients by swiping them off the list. Some sort of "are you sure?" step would be nice. I like using the swiping motion for that function, but if I do it by accident, it is kind of annoying to have to re-input the ingredient.

2) I would love it if the ingredients were organized by category (fermentables, hops, misc.) after they have been entered. And it would be great if those categories were organized appropriately (similar to BrewPal), so the hops are organized by the time of the addition and the grains/fermentables are organized by the amount/percentage of the grist.

Those two things right there would help this app facilitate my tendency to fiddle with my recipes. As it is, it seems like the recipe would get a bit jumbled if I kept adding ingredients or changing amounts or switching hop addition times.

Beyond that, the brew day timers and batch archiving functions of BrewPal were pretty awesome and adding those in to your app would be really cool. But I think my other two requests would be my highest priorities.

All that being said, this looks to be the best free brewing app I've found for Android. Thanks for working to develop this.

Oh, one other thing. When I tried searching through my phones Google Play store app for "Wort" your app didn't come up. I found it by searching for "Wort DynamicDesigns".

I don't know if you have any control over that, but I thought it was weird that it didn't come up at all when I searched for the exact name of the app.

Back