I have been doing some research, but would like some advice..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddPacker69

Reaction score
I have been reading up on ALL GRAIN and PARTIAL Mash/extract BREWING. I found this great website,

organicbrewer.com, and they have organic brewing kits for extract, partial grain, and all grain. My questions are...

1. If I choose Partial mash/extract, is there additional equipment that I will need like if I chose the ALL GRAIN method? I know with ALL GRAIN I will need a bigger pot and a masher.. Is this the same with Partial mash?

2. How much harder is the partial mash kit from the easy beginner extract kit?
Anyone with experience with these kits?

I only plan on making 5 gallon batches at a time, for now ; )

ToddPacker69 said:
I have been reading up on ALL GRAIN and PARTIAL Mash/extract BREWING. I found this great website,

organicbrewer.com, and they have organic brewing kits for extract, partial grain, and all grain. My questions are...

1. If I choose Partial mash/extract, is there additional equipment that I will need like if I chose the ALL GRAIN method? I know with ALL GRAIN I will need a bigger pot and a masher.. Is this the same with Partial mash?

2. How much harder is the partial mash kit from the easy beginner extract kit?
Anyone with experience with these kits?

I only plan on making 5 gallon batches at a time, for now ; )

The only difference between extract and partial mash is the ability to submerse 1 to 2 pounds of crushed grain...if you are already doing extract brewing than you would have an issue with partial mash. My only advise would be to make sure you have a colander and after the sugars have been completely extracted, place the grain bag in a strainer that sits above your pot...this will allow all of the liquid to drain without squeezing the grain bag.

Back