I got a Guinness Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierGuy

Reaction score
Hello I had a friend give me a Guinness Faucet and I had another friend loan me there ali gas 70 -30 mix bottle . So I hooked it all to gether and am running just one cornie of forced carbed oatmeal stout from it. I'm getting all foam:mad: I let presure off of the keg but it just puts out all foam. I have the nitro mix at 32# no leaks just alot of foam. I'm looking for answers please advise me Thanks

I force carbed with all C02 at 40 lbs for a day and a half so it is putting off a good head when it is a regular tap I have one cornie on a reg tap that was not carbed enough so I really carbed this one so it would have a big head. Yes the restrictor plate is in good call you had me looking to make sure. how long of serving line should I run?

Then it's overcarbed. You're going to need to degass it.

In order to use a stout faucet you need to carb to 1.50 – 2.20 volumes with normal CO2. See the chart here to find out what psi to use with the temperature of your fridge. I usually set mine to 5 psi. Once it's carb'd up, switch to beergas and set it to 25 - 30 psi. This will maintain the proper carbonation and the correct serving pressure with a stout faucet.

Thanks I screwed up and left on the gas all night. now I'm at work I will pull it off when I get home. But it sure looks cool seeing the head cascade down the glass :mug:

Back