I forgot to add my oats!!! help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustynails223

Reaction score
I brewed up a witbrew, one of jamil's recipes in his brewing classic styles book. The beer is already in the fermenter and I just realized I never added the oats to the mash. Can I steep them and add them to the beer after its done fermenting?

That's a fair amount. I think you're just going to have to ride it out. I've never heard of adding grains after fermentation has begun. Was the OG acceptable? If its not too low, then it will just be a little weaker and thinner.

What's the grain bill and hop schedule? Maybe you could call it your first smash.

I was afraid of that. I guess I will just have to drink it and brew it again. The OG was 1.050, thanks for the input

The oats are really more important for the haziness and mouthfeel of the wit. I probably wouldn't risk goofing it as its still going to be drinkable.

That should actually still turn out good. As the last poster said, the oats will really just add some mouthfeel.

Latest posts

Back