I effin hate Connecticut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
EVERY time I drive through this freakin state it is nine effin hours of road construction on 95. They've been effin working on 95 for like 30 years!!!!

How is route 95 through this state not pristine and lined with effin diamonds by this point!!?!

EVERY time I drive through.

The people are probably nice but driving through this state blows.

"So what you are saying is you have an issue with asphalt vs. concrete road surfacing? Or did i misunderstand your complaint. Please call back between the hours of 2nd Tues and 3rd Friday to contact a state representative that cares. Thank you good bye." :p

This thread makes my day. A guy from Mass, of all places, complaining about driving conditions in Connecticut. Awesome.

Talking about crappy places to drive, been through Pennsylvania lately? ;)

Seriously... As a transplant from MA myself, I'll take CT any day. Though thankfully, I get to avoid 95 99% of the time. Though from what I've seen, 95 pretty much sucks, no matter what state you're driving it.

Try I-90 in New York. The feckin' "Thruway". Don't forget Toll money.

You should move to Northern California.. We don't have any money for construction, so you won't have to worry about highway repairs holding you up. Just a bent rim now and then, no biggie

Having had 3 of my 4 previous girlfriends come from the Boston area, I have driven to and from Boston more times than I care to admit. CT is larger than it looks, its roadwork is unending, and its State Police wear really stupid looking uniforms. You know its true.

Now that I make my wife drive, I have been riding with her in the opposite direction to the Philly Main Line area to see her folks regularly. My biggest complaint about PA is the road sign embargo that it seems to be suffering from. I actually, no lie, saw a sign advertising a restaurant that said "10 miles North of here!"... we were travelling South.

As for New York, I will only complain about her with other New Yorkers :cross:

EVERY time I drive through this freakin state it is nine effin hours of road construction on 95. They've been effin working on 95 for like 30 years!!!!

How is route 95 through this state not pristine and lined with effin diamonds by this point!!?!

EVERY time I drive through.

The people are probably nice but driving through this state blows.

That is just 95. I live about 3 minutes off of it and I can't remember the last time they weren't doing construction.

CreamyGoodness said:
CT is larger than it looks, its roadwork is unending, and its State Police wear really stupid looking uniforms. You know its true.

:mug:

image-3751810395.jpg

My girlfriend lives in RI and driving through CT has made me break things in my car. Not only is there construction 100% of the time, but when other drivers see the construction, they freak out and slow to 45 mph. I cry when I see the "welcome to Connecticut" sign :'-(

Yeah, a guy from Rhode Island (barely even a state) and some Masshole don't like CT, obviously we should be deported. Cape, stick to the football trashtalk thread, would ya?

I went to college in Connecticut (Sacred Heart) near Fairfield, and I have to say driving on the Merritt Parkway was always an adventure. Especially driving on the Sikorsky Bridge - nothing like feeling your car sliding from side to side above Housatonic River. I've heard they've paved it since I graduated so it's not the same.

95 is under construction everywhere. I'm convinced it's a revolving affair. I lived in Florida for 6 years...it seemed like the construction moved from Jacksonville to Miami and then back up again, then back down again. Takes them years to get very far, and by then they need to start fixing it again.

I keep thinking there has to be a better way to build roads.

I went to college in Connecticut (Sacred Heart) near Fairfield, and I have to say driving on the Merritt Parkway was always an adventure. Especially driving on the Sikorsky Bridge - nothing like feeling your car sliding from side to side above Housatonic River. I've heard they've paved it since I graduated so it's not the same.

I'll give you the Merritt. Not sure who had the bright idea to put stop signs at the end of on ramps on a highway.

My girlfriend lives in RI and driving through CT has made me break things in my car. Not only is there construction 100% of the time, but when other drivers see the construction, they freak out and slow to 45 mph. I cry when I see the "welcome to Connecticut" sign :'-(

I grew up in CT and hated every moment of it. That being said, even if it sux, slowing down for construction helps keep the workers from being hit, which happens. That, and the cops can pull you over and give you a hefty ticket if you're speeding thru a construction zone. I agree that it sux, tho.

I'll give you the Merritt. Not sure who had the bright idea to put stop signs at the end of on ramps on a highway.

The Merritt Parkway was designed and built when you had a couple thousand cars a day on it and the cars top speeds were 50 mph.
If you think Connecticut highways suck come to Rhode Island.

At least there's a reason for the traffic here. At least you reach a point and see flashing lights and can assume you'll start moving again.

Try driving on Long Island. I grew up there. The sheer volume of (********) people create traffic. Then sometimes it just lets up and your cruising again without even realizing it.

Oh yeah, and GFY. (That's the New Yorker in me).

shoot buddy you need to try crossing the mighty mackinac bridge in a windstorm someday.. that will put hair on your chest.....usually from your wife grabbing your scalp when the car sway 15 ft to one side then back 30 ft the other way for 5 freaking miles. while being able to look down through the grating to the lake 300ft below. that;s high enough to reach terminal velocity and hitting the water is like hitting concrete.

shoot buddy you need to try crossing the mighty mackinac bridge in a windstorm someday.. that will put hair on your chest.....usually from your wife grabbing your scalp when the car sway 15 ft to one side then back 30 ft the other way for 5 freaking miles. while being able to look down through the grating to the lake 300ft below. that;s high enough to reach terminal velocity and hitting the water is like hitting concrete.

That description just made my sphincter pucker.

Back