I can't decide my avatar!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth between a dominatrix and a loving grandma. I can't decide which is more 'me'. Combining them into one avatar would just be too gross. I have to keep changing back and forth as the mood strikes.

I guess my days of thinking of myself as a young hot woman are long over. I'm going to have to go buy orthopedic shoes and a shawl.

I think you can have it both ways. In the cyber world of HBT posting you're the dominatrix, but when I've communicated with directly you're the picture in your profile.

I think you can have it both ways. In the cyber world of HBT posting you're the dominatrix, but when I've communicated with directly you're the picture in your profile.

LOL- Herm, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not?!? You mean I'm a "nice" old lady?

That totally clashes with the way I see myself! You know, a sexpot with an attitude and a whip. That's the way I dress in real life you know- leather corset, boots, and sometimes even a mask. :D

If I were a BEER, I would definitely say you were the dominatrix. But, being a member and reading your post which always involves helping others with compassion, patience, and expertise.....I see the loving grandma side shining through. Tough call, but I think we can all say that Walker stated it best:

Originally Posted by Walker
How many people can say, "I learned all I know about beer and brewing from my grandma."

That's a bitchin' granny! :rockin:

It's too bad that I can't photoshop. I could put orthopedic shoes, a shawl and a rocking chair in my dominatrix picture.

Thanks for the nice words- I appreciate it. Even though I now realize that my reputation as a hard-ass is only in my mind.

There's fetishes for dominatrices.

There's fetishes for older women.

Therefore, logic dictates that there MUST exist a fetish for elderly dominatrices. You can be the one to Google it, though...

There's fetishes for dominatrices.

There's fetishes for older women.

Therefore, logic dictates that there MUST exist a fetish for elderly dominatrices. You can be the one to Google it, though...

That sounds like an absolutely disgusting google search. :D I can't even begin to imagine what you'd get if you clicked "images".

A Granny Dominatrix just doesn't sound that appealing. I bet even our former friend Cheese wouldn't go there.

That sounds like an absolutely disgusting google search. :D I can't even begin to imagine what you'd get if you clicked "images".

A Granny Dominatrix just doesn't sound that appealing. I bet even our former friend Cheese wouldn't go there.

I went there.... bad idea.... some things you just can't un-see. :eek:

But the image below did come up, which meets both requirements and isn't totally offensive. :D

thumb160x_granny-goodness1.jpg

Despite what you choose, just don't let your grandson ever see you rocking the dominatrix avatar when he's older. Despite who you are, to him you're grandma! hahahaha

Yes, Rule 34 applies. My business partner (58) is looking for a new BF and she has received many emails from young guys looking for a "teacher" or and "aunt" to discipline them. Or as one guy put it, "an old school marm".

I keep going back and forth between a dominatrix and a loving grandma. I can't decide which is more 'me'. Combining them into one avatar would just be too gross. I have to keep changing back and forth as the mood strikes.

I guess my days of thinking of myself as a young hot woman are long over. I'm going to have to go buy orthopedic shoes and a shawl.

I say you use the Grandma pic for now while you look for something completely new. I mean, I like the Dom picture ok, but that sort of thing is not for me. I think you should find a new "2 girls kissing" avatar. Those are always nice.

I am okay with just a shawl and orthopedic shoes. A girl has to keep her feet happy and it does get cold in the UP. I am sure you could be creative on how to indicate just how cold it is there. ;)

I say you use the Grandma pic for now while you look for something completely new. I mean, I like the Dom picture ok, but that sort of thing is not for me. I think you should find a new "2 girls kissing" avatar. Those are always nice.

A dominatrix kissing a grandmother?

...I guess my days of thinking of myself as a young hot woman are long over.

Some of us older gents still see you that way, Lorena! (those of us that have SEEN!)

And yet for an avatar, I like the grandma photo for now. (guess it's 'cause I'm a grandpa, even though I like to think of myself as a hot young stud, if only in my dreams).

That said, do NOT lose the dominatrix avatar. It must be used on occasion to keep reminding us that sometimes we all need a whippin'

Some of us older gents still see you that way, Lorena! (those of us that have SEEN!)

And yet for an avatar, I like the grandma photo for now. (guess it's 'cause I'm a grandpa, even though I like to think of myself as a hot young stud, if only in my dreams).

That said, do NOT lose the dominatrix avatar. It must be used on occasion to keep reminding us that sometimes we all need a whippin'

Yeah, I like the grandma photo too. At least for today!

I introduced Quinn to some of my favorite music yesterday. His mom is into this "lullaby" stuff. I had him listen to my favorite 90s grunge. He seems to like Soundgarden and early Alice in Chains stuff. He liked Nirvana a bit, too.

Ok this whole "grandma dominatrix" discussion reminded me of the movie Dodgeball when the team gets their new uniforms mixed up with S&M group. Hilarious. Wanted to find the clip on youtube but was unable to.

Wow Wildwest450!

Between YOUR avatar and the suggested picture...oh man...I think I need a cold shower!

Back