I am on day 5 of Beer Fast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm inspired - though I have doubts I can get by on a mere 3 beers a day. I'll need that many just for breakfast.

My boss may have issues with it. He's young, he'll get over it. :D

Good on you for trying, but man (I am gonna get flamed for this) I am having trouble understanding the "why" of it all...

Good luck though anyways! ;)

Reminds me of the oldie but goodie...

db1196-one-glass-of-alcohol.jpg

Weighed myself this morning and lost another 2 pounds.

Good on you for trying, but man (I am gonna get flamed for this) I am having trouble understanding the "why" of it all...

Good luck though anyways! ;)

We are all beer geeks on this site, we all think about beer constantly. We all challenge ourselves constantly when it comes to beer. Why not make beer the way of life and see how that works out. See how good it truly is? Not spiritual not anything other than how does it feel to only have beer, how does it feel to no longer eat. Curiosity mixed with a passion for beer, blindly wanted to see what i learn from this experience. I take it you wouldn't be the first to hop on a plane to a random city and just explore without any plans. When you travel do you ever find yourself randomly roaming a new city and doing whatever happens to cross your path. This is kind of the same.

For this reason alone, I will never try what you are doing. I never want beer to become unappetizing...

That reminds me of my mothers friend who will not read certain books because they might make her turn against her faith. I joke around with her and tell her well that is some weak faith if you are scared of challenging it. But to each their own.

When I first read the title I was shocked... 5 days without BEER! Someone has got to help this guy before he dies.

Now I see what you mean, my hat is tipped to you sir.

I also misread the title of the thread and thought you were giving up drinking beer for 5 days and wanted to hear about that progress.

My wife started IVF shots this week and has had to give up drinking beer for at least the next month. I told her I would do the same thing and we are both on day 4 of this. This is harder than I thought it would be since I have 3 tapped kegs of homebrew in my keezer.

Hope you beer fast goes well.

I had to fast without beer for 3 weeks while getting ready to move. Lets just say the expierence was horrible. My job would not let me do this sadly. My question to the OP is, Your drinking store bought brews why not drink homebrew?

Well its a mix of both, I got those Korbinians, then I have an all simcoe IPA on tap right now as well. Some vanilla porter in bottles. It is a mix of everything.

This is pretty cool. Kudos to you, GodsStepBrother, and your friend for trying this. Sucks that the readers/comments of the news article in El Paso are so close minded. It's the 21st century, let people do their own thing, right? Good luck!

I woke up at 5am today and had my breakfast, drank a lot of water and am now at work. I will be skipping my lunch beer due to me being at work. It’s funny but I really don’t get hunger pains anymore, just craving that are a mental thing.

Here's to a long day at work :mug:

Energy levels are pretty much the same to be honest. Sometimes they dip down low, but not very much. My co worker sits right next to me and stuff her face all day, but I honestly enjoy the smells they help out when your gulping down water. Especially when I smell the food that has a strong aroma, it is almost like a hit of snuff.

Hmm, I never equated adventure with starvation.;)

Randomly exploring a city for a spontaneous encounter is why I decided to do the fast. Just to see what happens, what it feels like, it actually wasn't starving exactly. I had good energy the whole time, after the first 3 days the hunger pains stopped. It was very different, to bad I couldn't finish, but my friend is well on his way I am cheering him on!

:D

I do not think so, it was really challenging. But I do not think I would risk something worse happening. I have no doubt that I got sick because of my body being in a weak state do to the diet.

Just read the article in the ElPaso times...and the comments. I was unaware that we still have people with their heads so deep in the sand. "Within 3 days they'll be in the hospital." Same guy later admits he didn't bother reading the article, wasn't worth his time apparently. However he had the time to slander and hate. Gee. Things like this make me remember that the country is full of jerk-offs like that who would rather kill people they don't understand than talk about it. Whatever, as the gangsters say, "haters gonna hate."

Hah! I'm going to go home and have a beer.

Kudos to you for making it so long man. It's a shame to hear about the cold but you're still a trooper in my book! :mug:

I did a partigyle from a 9% beer and made a oatmeal milk stout that was about 2% beer. It was a beer I could replace meals with mainly breakfast.

I did not attempt to go to the extreme you are.

Drinking the 2% beer multiple times a day could help get your calories everyday along with something nice at the end of each day.

I was inspired by your beerfast to try something similar. I'm on my first day and having a beer for breakfast seems a bit odd. Unfortunately, where I work, I can't have beer on company property. I'll have to replace lunch beer with something else - maybe a small fruit or something. Anyway, I'll see how far this goes.

Good luck Darwin, when I had to work all day I used to just skip lunch then make up for it in the evening.

I could not do this. Maybe 1 day.

I had to stop eating for 2 days once for a procedure and it was incredibly difficult to not obsess about food.

Check out the story that aired. To funny, this guys loves to do beer stories.

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1430126022001/beer-and-water-only-diet/[/ame]

That doctor doesnt know crap.Giving up food a few days is absolutly good for you. First day=your blood is purified, third day will begin a healing process 7 days can elimate diseases and illnesses.It should always be used with water but lemon spriulina garlic and non citric juices speeds the recovery along with many organ detoxifying vegetables for juicing..Not to mention the mental enlightenment and awarness you can achieve, and my experience is it = feelings of when you were young and enlighentened/ altered awarness and shedding of the skin so to speak.
IM not really aware of what the monks did, but i do know why/how people use to live 800 yrs plus. Im pretty shure they fasted regularly,and probably had no choice but to with no modern means of refrigeration and other luxeries we have.Pretty shure they didnt ingest chlorinated/flouridated water massive amounts of gmo/pesticides/hormones/artificial anything/bleach/refined anything etc.etc etc........................ processe bla bla nitrate bla bla artificial bla.. mercury/b.s.

no way i could do this. first of all, i have almost no body fat to live on. second, i like beer, but when i drink, i get hungry.

Back