Hows this recipe look

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctbrewer227

Reaction score
Worked this up in BrewSmith, hows it look

11lbs maris otter pale malt
1lb cara pils/dextrine
.5lb caramelt/crystal malt 80L
.5lb biscuit malt
.25lb chocolate malt
1.5oz warrior 60min
.5oz summit 15min
.25oz mt hood 0min
Wyeast 1084

Well I dont know your efficiency, but it looks roughly like a 1.060 brown ale. If thats what you are going for, The malts look good for that. Maybe a touch more toasty malts, might be nice.

But.... I dont know the %on your warrior hops, but that looks like 70ibu. Do you want that? With a fruity yeast and a malt centered recipe? If you give us more of what you are aiming for, we can give better feedback.

I was aiming for an IPA, I am just a hair over on the SRM for color on the style, beer smith also has me at 89 IBU's, I figured thats about right which is why I don't have more hop additions, I might drop the chocolate malt, aim for a higher OG, and switch to yeast 1056 or 1272

I tweaked it a bit

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 4.51.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 5.08.36 AM.png

If you are aiming for an ipa, you have little to no hop aroma/flavor additions. Or dry hop. It will be bitter but you arent going to have a ton of hoppiness. Is that what you want? Also thats a ton of crystal for an ipa.

If that is a 5 gal batch, it sounds like a bitter beer. I use a couple of ounces of Warrior for 60 min. for a 10 gal batch of moderately bitter IPA.

If that is a 5 gal batch, it sounds like a bitter beer. I use a couple of ounces of Warrior for 60 min. for a 10 gal batch of moderately bitter IPA.

Ive never worked with warrior hops, yes 5g batch maybe ill go with .75 oz? Tweaked it on BeerSmith I like where it has me overall

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 6.37.15 PM.png

Latest posts

Back