Howdy from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel1980

Reaction score
Just signed up for the forums and it appears its packed full of info and I'm excited to learn as much as I can from everyone's experience. My name is Daniel and I just purchased a 5 gal setup for my birthday and am about halfway through my first brew (American Amber from Brewersbest). Any prelim tips or tricks would be appreciated.

welcome to the obsession!

#1 tip - RDWHAHB

#2 tip - Read Papazian, Palmer and/or Miller

#3 tip - read HBT. ask 10 brewers a question, get 12 different answers

#4 tip - when in doubt, refer to tip #1, but verify with #2 or #3

PS: My dog's name is Howdy and I call my beer Howdy Brau

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok there's a bunch of abbreviations I am unfamiliar with. Remember, complete noob here. ;)

RDWHAHB - Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew

this hobby/obsession will get frustrating sometimes; Relax.

you're gonna forget to do something or do something maybe you shouldn't have; Don't Worry.

this hobby/obsession is very, very forgiving. most things you think you've done wrong really won't completely ruin your final product, it will most likely work out in the end; Have A Home Brew

and you already know HBT - HomeBrewTalk

More tips: start simple (extract kits) and work your way up. By the time you think of what you want to try next, you'll know where to find help.

Watch Youtube videos on home brewing.

Visit HBT'S often. You'll learn a ton.

Tyler, Tx

The one I've got fermenting now was an American Amber kit from Brewersbest. Between the very helpful and inviting community here and my local brewing supply stores willingness to help me out I should be a pro in no time.
I'm already liking the home brew community. :)

Tyler, Tx

The one I've got fermenting now was an American Amber kit from Brewersbest. Between the very helpful and inviting community here and my local brewing supply stores willingness to help me out I should be a pro in no time.
I'm already liking the home brew community. :)

Excellent! I have family in Mineola and Tyler..

Back