Howdy from SW VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJJessee

Reaction score
This area's more noted for corn likker than beer, but as a runner, I've found beer is a much better sport recovery drink.
Thought I'd learn to make it meself.
Haven't made my first batch yet, and as they say, "Education is the only shortcut."
So, that's why I'm here.
jjj

Welcome! I'm pretty new to all this too.

SW VA? You mean there are still people in the state living outside of Northern Virginia?

Do you think there will ever be a Virginian Governor of Virginia again? Can't remember the last one.

Welcome! I'm pretty new to all this too.

SW VA? You mean there are still people in the state living outside of Northern Virginia?

Do you think there will ever be a Virginian Governor of Virginia again? Can't remember the last one.

:) Yep, there's a few of us left. This area feels more like TN. We need our own state.

Welcome from Lynchburg. Got a plan to start brewing yet?

Good question. I'm taking stock of the tools I have right now that might be used and reading on-line.
I have a carboy and airlock, cleaning brush, racking cane, large enamel kettle, 2-20+gallon copper kettles (no lids),
most or all of a kit a pal gave me that was never used (fortunately it didn't have directions with it :)), gram scales.
Our closest brew supply is Asheville, NC. so I'm thinking about making a run across the mountain to pick up fresh hops, and yeast, etc.
I'll need to gather some chems and such to sanitize and sterlize too. I think my first real project is to put together a kegerator
-prefer not to mess with bottles for the moment.
I thought about offering some free labor to some guys that are putting a microbrewery in Abingdon.
I'm open to recipe suggestions for a first batch -on the hoppy side.

Greetings from Richmond! :mug:
and welcome to the group!

My son is in Richmond, went to the Capitol Ale House on my last visit.

Thanks for the welcome, guys
I'll have lotza stupid question along the way, but I guess that's better than stupid mistakes.
JJJ

Hey, Spin looks like your busy.
Brewer wannabe for the present, but I'll be cooking before cool weather.
jjj

Latest posts

Back