New from the Carolinas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdgeek

Reaction score
It's just my opinion but my wife and I moved to NC looking for a place to learn more about to possibly retire in. We both travel for work and have seen many places but she is born/raised/stuck as an Oklahoma person. She told me this was the place. Allergies nearly killed me the first few months! I think she did that for the insurance.
Anyway, new to brewing as something to do hobby wise because I didn't really have any. Small 1gal experiments, all grain from the start with attention to details and keep notes. I soon found that while I didn't really care if I drank the beers (not bad, just not something I wanted 3 of if you know the difference), I loved making beer! From light to dark. Started simple and still use pretty basic equipment so some types I just cannot make. To be honest, I'm just not clear I want to go up to the full size carboy either. Too much beer to drink alone for a year and I don't trust those large glass monsters. Did buy a 3gal nice glass one in 2019 and I will use it if I make one of the couple recipes that I personally enjoy.
Have learned quite a few things and realize I have a large list of things yet to learn, which is why I enjoy making beer/cider so much.

yeah i had a buddy, he liked evan williams....i think i intimedated him, and he wanted to see how to brew. i helped him do a 1 gallon batch, it was AWESOME...but i think the "drug monster" scared him out of getting into it....

Back