Howdy from Round Rock, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyMcCurdy

Reaction score
Hello folks.

First off, I want to thank you guys for being such an awesome resource. I've browsed your site for a long time and it's always been extremely helpful. I don't think my brewing abilities would be where they are today if it weren't for this site. I've learned a ton here, so I figured I'd join & support.

I've been brewing for a little over 3 years, I think. I've got a halfway decent all-grain setup and a 4-tap/5-keg refrigerator-turned-kegerator. I've got plans to build something similar to the legendary monsterator in the next month or so. I'm thinking 6x CO2 taps and 2x Nitrogen taps. I'm glad I read that thread, though, because now I know I'm not going to be drilling any holes in the sides; they'll all go through the collar.

I'm also a member of the Round Rock Homebrewers' Guild in Round Rock, TX. We've got members of all levels, from non-brewers who are interested to your super-high-tech HERMS brewers. All-in-all, a pretty cool group.

I'll be posting a writeup of my Coffee Porter here soon. I pulled some Coffee flavoring methods from a thread on here and sorta combined them. The result was an extreme Coffee flavor that some might call closer to Kahlua instead of beer... but it's extremely good.

Anyway, thanks for all of the knowledge I've gleaned from this place. You guys rock, and I'm glad to finally be posting here.

Welcome! I have a bunch of friends from Round Rock, even visited there a few years ago. Gotta say though, I was disappointed in the round rock :)

I knew it.Seen you come into my work

Cool; I don't recognize your name, but I'm terrible with names as it is.

Aaron and I have been brewing together a lot lately; he did his first all-grain batch on my system last Sunday and my mash tun was draining at about 1gal/20m. It sucked. While it was draining (post batch-sparging) we hit up the Whataburger and got some friggin food, 'cause we'd already been at it for like 4 hours.

I'm stepping up my brewing operation quite a bit here (hopefully 1-2 batches a week for the next 5 weeks) so I can fill up my Kegerator when I build it.

Back