Howdy from Bradentucky FL.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, how's it goin? My name is John and I'm new to brewing beer. I've been drinking beer for a good while and always wanted to brew it. My parents make wine and some of my fondest memories of childhood are me watching bubbles rise from an airlock on a 6 gallon carboy filled with funky purple stuff. It makes an awesome background chemical factory for any boy playing with GI-Joe's!

My wife bought me a Mr. Beer for my birthday a few months ago and my first batch was decent but I thought "i can do better than this" after a quick google search i discovered that i have a home brew store locally but... wait, wasn't there a box i got from my parents yardsale 6 years ago sitting in the garage...I think there was...

I open the box and lo and behold brushes! and airlocks and a rubber bung stopper, syphony things, misc. clamps, a bottle rack, alot of sticky and no good tubes, looks like I'll be going to home depot soon. And the kicker... I've been using a 6 gallon carboy as a loose change jar all this time! (too bad it's not full)

Anyway, I'm big on (and big from) IPA's, to me the dry hopped, unfiltered IPA is the pinnacle of excelence. This is what I intend to brew. I just need a few more things...

Welcome to the wonderful world of brew-whatever-the-hell-you-want! Fair warning: the hobby is extremely addicting.

Back