Howdy from Austin, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pliftkl

Reaction score
Just a quick note "howdy" from Texas.

I've pulled a lot of great information from this board already, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot more. I've only got two home brewings under my belt, but they've both turned out great.

Unfortunately, I work a pretty intense schedule, so I don't have a whole lot of time to drink what I've brewed, which is going to slow down the rate at which I explore the science of beer brewing...

Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the board.

Sounds like you really need to spend more time drinking to get over your intense schedule! :mug:

You could go hang out at Austin Homebrew and see if that cures your overworking ways.... ;)

:D Welcome! Hopefully you find what most here have found...

This place rocks! :rockin:

Ize

Ize said:
You could go hang out at Austin Homebrew and see if that cures your overworking ways.... ;)

Actually, Austin Homebrew was a great help in getting started. I'd read a bit on brewing beforehand, but the staff there basically walked me through the equipment and the "first brew process". I feel pretty lucky to have them just a few miles from home...

I'm probably going to have some Austin specific questions at some point, like "what kind of beers will do well when I don't want to air condition my house below 80 degrees", but I'm hoping I can defer these questions until next summer...

pliftkl said:
Actually, Austin Homebrew was a great help in getting started. I'd read a bit on brewing beforehand, but the staff there basically walked me through the equipment and the "first brew process". I feel pretty lucky to have them just a few miles from home...

I'm probably going to have some Austin specific questions at some point, like "what kind of beers will do well when I don't want to air condition my house below 80 degrees", but I'm hoping I can defer these questions until next summer...

I've heard a lot of good stuff about those guys and yours is yet another. I've never gotten anything from them myself, but it's good to know that they really strive to grow the hobby/addiction/way of life....

As for summer time? Heck keep an open mind... you may find yourself shopping for a chest freezer and a Ranco Temp controller for lagering sooner than you know! :D

Ize

Edit: spellllllling...

Ize said:
\As for summer time? Heck keep an open mind... you may find yourself shopping for a chest freezer and a Ranco Temp controller for lagering sooner than you know! :D

There will be no chest freezer for beer.

I moved away from Central Illinois years ago, and I've come to accept the fact that I have no basement, and that 80 degrees is a normal temperature to cool your house to...

pliftkl said:

I moved away from Central Illinois years ago, and I've come to accept the fact that I have no basement, and that 80 degrees is a normal temperature to cool your house to...

Yikes... :(

Good Luck none the less!

Ize

pliftkl said:

Aye, but never say never. Brewing at 68 or so can be done on the cheap in the dead of summer. It's one of those ways to make your good beer better. Buy cautiously into the hobby because what you get now, you may want to upgrade/replace in a year.

Back