how to rouse hops in fermzilla collection ball?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyPeeps

Reaction score
I followed one of the homebrew network vids where he put 30psi on the collection ball and next to nothing on the main tank -

i must have had a loose connection somewhere ... nothing happened, the hops are just sitting in the ball at the bottom

very anti climactic!

should I close the butterfly valve and represurise the collection ball and depresurise the main tank and try again?

any help much appreciated ... its a 55liter and i have an elbow injury so I cant shake the fermenter to get them out

Did you try attaching the QD with the valve closed , open the butterfly,open the relief valve and then open the CO2 line valve set to 15 psi above tank pressure. The unit is rated to 35 psi so just don't go above that.

Managed to shift about half the
IMG20230328210846.jpg
hop cake by blowing through God knows how much gas, but it wasn't a little...

Next time put a short silicone tube on the valve that touches the bottom of the chamber. One thing for sure ,most likely carbed up and ready to drink when settled.

Don't know what you are getting at there ... Other than the butterfly valve there are no valves just qds

Got beer in the damn spundy doing it as well :(

The poppet valve(what you attach the QD to) has a stem for hooking up the top draw float for racking. Hook the tube to that and extend it to the bottom of the collection jar. This would happen next time you use the fermenter, most likely done with this batch.

Back