Fermzilla- Dry hoping - hop stayed in collection jar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForReal

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m using the Fermzilla for the first time and I’m also dry hoping for the first time. I’m fermenting under pressure.
I added hop through the collection jar, purged the container with CO2 at a pressure similare to the pressure gauge on the spunding valve.
The dry hop addition did not rocket into the container, but stayed in the collection jar for most of it.

Questions:
will the hop addition still be effective?
Should I do anything or just leave it?

next time I’m dry hoping through the collection container, what should be the differential pressure between the fermentor and the collection jar?

Any help/tips is welcome.

thanks.

I will be doing a CO2 purged hop drop into my CF10 in the next week, or so (once fermentation finishes and I drop the yeast). My plan is to simply purge the O2 from the sight glass that will hold the hops, then charge it to a higher pressure level than inside the fermenter (right now, fermenting at 5psi). That will force the hops into the fermenter for me.

Logically speaking, if you don't have a higher pressure level in the vessel you want to push from, you won't get a complete vacating of said vessel. Gravity can get some (or most) of the hops to drop once the pressure stabilizes. But, to get 100% added, I'll be doing as I outlined above. I won't be going above 10psi on the hop container side of things. I'll probably only go a few PSI over what the fermenter pressure level is at the time. I already tested the setup to 10psi safely, so I know it will work at that level. I'd wager it will be fine even to 15psi if I wanted to go that high.

This is a YouTube video for the BrewBuilt Flex chamber. The Fermzilla collection chamber looks similar

Latest posts

Back