How to get your wife to agree to let you buy another keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
1. First you need a child. Instructions can be found online.
2. Raise child to graduating age.
3. Offer to make homemade soda on tap for open house at city park(who doesn't allow alcohol).
4. Indicate you don't currently have an open keg to put a batch of soda in...
5. Profit

Or, if your wife likes soda, just offer to make her some, but... Oh, shoot, we don't have a keg to put it in... :(

1. First you need a child. Instructions can be found online.
2. Raise child to graduating age.
3. Offer to make homemade soda on tap for open house at city park(who doesn't allow alcohol).
4. Indicate you don't currently have an open keg to put a batch of soda in...
5. Profit

Redditor?

I just explained to my wife how we can keg her homemade wine, because she hates bottling more than anything, and bam! another keg, which has yet to see wine :D

Step 1: Say to wife "I'm going to buy another keg so we can have one more beer on tap at the house"

Step 2: Listen to wife say "ok, sounds good"

Step 3: Buy keg, fill with beer, enjoy.

Step 4 (optional): Arrange your finances so that your wife doesn't give a hoot about a $40 purchase, because really, $40 is something you need to ask your wife about?

Tell her you want to keep a keg of carbonated water on-line from which you can have seltzer on tap and with syrups have anything from tonic to any soda by the glass. If you have kids it won't take long to save enough to pay for the keg.

buy as much stuff as you can before you get married this July 14.......If she starts to notice more brewing gear, remind here that your brewing the beer for the wedding and her family will be impressed.

Tell her you will get her a pair of matching shoes. She won't even realize you said keg. Just an automatic yes.

Marry a wonderful woman who asks for a brewery for her birthday. Check. Ask about kegs and she says, buy 12 - Check. Ask about fermentors and she says, buy 2. What can I say?:mug:

I bought 7 kegs for $210. Reason? I make a decent wage and don't spend money on anything except brewing. Of course, it helps to have a loving and supportive spouse.

Um... tell her that home brew is 1)better then the bar stuff 2)Keeps you out of trouble. you are home to drink it. 3)Saves money 4) being home makes for more time with her. Or B!tch slap her and say "Woman I am the man of the house and i get what I want! Now get in that kitchen and cook me dinner!" Note: Later not recommended approach.

At first I tried the old point and yell "LOOK!! The Goodyear Blimp!!" trick while I dashed off to buy myself a corny... but she didn't fall for it.

Then I tried explaining how having a couple kegs around would help me drink even more beer and increase the barely manageable levels of my obsession to ridiculous levels. Inexplicably, that reasoning apparently didn't appeal to her.

Ultimately, the tack that finally worked was my explaining to her that if she really wanted me to make that hefe she loves she was going to all the delabeling, cleaning and sanitizing of bottles for her batches. That one worked!

And now I'm the proud owner of six kegs. Give it a try.

So, I bought a soda keg this weekend. I got one with a blue top on it so I wont' get it confused with my beer kegs. I'll see if I can get the kids to help me brew up a test batch tonight...

Back