How Old Are You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you home brewers?

• Under age

• 21 to 35

• 36 to 50

• 50 to 65

• Too old to care

Results are only viewable after voting.
21... this is the last year i actully gain rights... after this its all down hill from here... 25 will be the new age of mid life crisis, buy a harley when your thirty and spen the rest of your life in retirement... oh well enjoy it while it last

cheers

after this its all down hill from here... 25 will be the new age of mid life crisis, buy a harley when your thirty and spen the rest of your life in retirement... oh well enjoy it while it last

cheers

At 25 you can rent a car, and your insurance rates drop! Not much, but something to look forward to. :eek:

Wow, at 28 I thought I was on the young side of this hobby...but now I feel old. Oh...and Jack, good luck with that retiring at 30 thing.

:tank:

Anyway we can release the results of the poll. I want to make fun of the old people

Tease us about our age and we'll beat you with our canes!:D Old age and trickery will overcome youth and skill every time.
I believe it's old age and treachery, but the mind is the first thing to go when the age creeps up.:D

I must amend to say I'm old enough to know better and young enough not to care.

Huh, only 4 of us in the 50 - 65 demographic. I sense I'm in a rare demographic -- 50+ new female brewer. Go ahead and make fun of my age, kiddies... as Evelyn said in Fried Green Tomatoes, "I'm older, but I have more insurance!"

Homebrewing is a lot of fun, and at least at the entry level, it doesn't seem measurably harder than other household hobbies/skills (cooking, sewing, gardening, light repairs, etc.). Plus, it produces beer, and that's a good thing--even with all the toys available, if you don't go crazy you can at least break even on the investment, more so if homebrew replaces spendy nights out. I am guessing homebrewing will become more diverse as the economy finds more people looking for home-based crafts and hobbies.

I think there should be a 18-20 category taking into consideration that some Canadians on this board, like myself, can be within that age bracket but legal in our country.

35 atm. 3 months and 3 days from now I would've been forced to pick the 36-50 option. Man that's a wide range. :D

Then again, I could have just lied. :D :D

Back