How Much Will You Pay For Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both times it was hopslam. The bar I frequent got one keg of it and I paid $10 for a 10oz glass (VA liquor laws). I have also purchased 2 6 packs at ~$22 a piece.

My favorite lunch spot when ice fishing in Wisconsin is Mr. Ed's just outside of Wild Rose. Top shelf drinks... $2.50! It takes six drinks to use 1 can of pop. Three cocktails each, 2 cheeseburgers, two orders of fries, 23 bucks. I love Wisconsin !
Jim

I just racked my weizen onto some baby laxatives. Times are hard, for a blue collared SOB.

Just for fun..... 2 gal batch with 25+lbs of hops, maybe yield one 12oz bottle....

You'd need a ton of water to boil all those hops, in which case your grain bill would need to be considerably higher to account for absorbtion loss.

Maybe, maybe not. Depending on your method of brewing, if all the hops were in a bag and squeezed post boil it could work. That being said no sane person is going to try this, so no need to poop at the party.

Most expensive beers I buy are $12 bombers of Deschutes Abyss and Black Butte XX, and I pick up 2 bottles of each a year. Won't buy Rogue anymore since the bombers are up to $6-7 each unless I find the Double Mocha Porter at Costco for $6 or they have cases of Dead Guy or American Amber for $24. Hell, while I love it, I have trouble paying $10 for a sixer of Caldera when there are so many other Oregon micros available for $8.

Most I have paid was 17-18 for a sixer of expedition, hopslam, or batch 471. What I don't understand is the prices of bombers. 2 hopslams is about 6 bucks in my neck of the woods. I know a brewer that sells a 5% lager for 5$ a bomber. All the bombers they have(4) are relative to that. I would think for most breweries that have bombers it would be easier and cheaper for them. I can't imagine spending more than 3$ for 12oz. of beer that's not close to the abv or quality of hopslam

mikeysab said:
Oh, I see. We're talking about different types of rails. Now it makes sense

Yeah I had a rough week and was in rare form last night... *hiding my face*

I'm finding that my pain threshold for craft beer is $10 for a bomber, $12 for a 4 pack, or $15 for a sixer. I'm curious to try supplication, and some of the Mikkeler brews, but I just can't bring myself to shell out $14 for a 12 oz bottle. I may be willing to try more expensive stuff as i have extra funds available, but just cant do it for now.

Just picked up 7 bottles of beer for 86 and am fine with that. Going to a friends tonight and will take 180 in beer for three of us to enjoy.

I paid $13.99 a piece for 5 bottles of Widmer Burbon and have one to me son. It was worth it. An amazing brew.

I had my brother pick up a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive for 18 bucks. I rarely end up spending that much on beer, but since I started brewing I really have no qualms spending 20 bucks on a fancy 4 pack, sixer or bomber as I'm brewing about 90% of what I drink for pretty much nothing. Before I started brewing, I wouldn't even look at something that was more than 10 bucks.

Spent 30 bucks on 4 pack of sn hoptimum and 2 22oz of ballast point sculpin Ipa

One of my favorite beers is Stone's Ruination. I went to grab a 6 pack the other day, until I noticed the price was almost $19.00. I think that was the first time I put a beer back on the shelve because of the price. I understand what's involved in producing these high end beers, but I can buy SN Celebration for about $12.00 a 6 pack, so that seemed a bit outrageous.

Lol, I did that once with a 6'er of Oaked Arrogant Bastard (only time I've ever had AB or its varieties). It was just sitting in with the other $8-9 6 packs, and had no price tag. I paid with a 20, and was like, where's my change, dude?

Back