How much sugar to use in a Wilko Light Golden Lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syst3mfailur3

Reaction score
I am fairly new to homebrewing, having only made one batch of Coopers Lager which came with starter kit. Now I want to make my second batch, but this time its Wilko Light Golden Lager.

The instructions say to add 1kg of sugar, but I figured I would ask this community if I should add more/less. I've got a 1.4kg bag of dextrose to use. I should also point out that I have no easy way of measuring it out, so any advice there would be welcomed.

Sorry for bumping my post so soon, just wanted to start the brew soon and could use the advice.

1kg of sugar and the kit will get you to 3.7% abv depending on attenuation. 1.4kg will get you nearer to 4.4% abv. Your choice, but sugar or dextrose doesn't really add body to a beer so you might not want to add the whole 1.4kg.

I started off with brewing things like juice, sugar water, sweet tea etc. Moved onto Wilkinson's kits.

Eh save the rest for priming the bottles. 150-200g is about on style for carbonation!

Well its in the fermenter bucket, now to wait and hope for the best. Thanks for the help.

Back