How much do you brew ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_el_Paseo

Reaction score
How much beer do you brew ?
I started brewing about 4 months ago, i now brew about a 5 gallon batch (so about 50 beers) every 10-12 days !?

Since i started brewing seems we have a lot of visitor's on saturday, mmmm bbq. I dont mind since they usualy bring food,cake,chips and stuff. Im just suprised i brew so many and im low in stock...

Lol, i guess my beer is good.

I started brewing last August. Into the new hobby and headed into fall I was brewing every weekend. I progressed from extract to all grain through the winter and maintained that pace. Now that it's spring/summer I have found it is a lot harder to brew on the weekend because there is so much other stuff going on with the fam. I have barely brewed once a month for the past few months. I would like to do more but we will see. I did brew a batch last Saturday though!

I usually brew every sunday and have kept that schedule for about 3 months now. The odd time i get a 3 or 4 day weekend ill double up and do 2 batches back to back. Im hoping to get a bigger setup so i can double my volume, as ive also noticed visitors to my house are far more frequent. Sunday brewday is known amongst my friends and family so its usually a day full of visitors that want a pint or 3 lol. Chips away at my supply pretty quickly :)

I started brewing about 3 1/2 years ago. I usually end up brewing about every other week or once a pay period. During the winter it might be more often since I brew half batches inside. I took a little break when my daughter was born but now I'm back to my once a pay period ways.

You guys make me jealous. With 4 kids and their activities along with continous house projects I may get in 4 to 5 batches a year.

I could probably squeeze in a few more but some days relaxing seems the better road.

Someday hoping for twice a month, then say good by to the beer store for the most part.

If you average it out, I brew a five gallon batch about once every 5 or 6 weeks. I'm doing two batches in the next week or so, but it's been about 2 months since the last one.

How much beer do you brew ?
I started brewing about 4 months ago, i now brew about a 5 gallon batch (so about 50 beers) every 10-12 days !?

Since i started brewing seems we have a lot of visitor's on saturday, mmmm bbq. I dont mind since they usualy bring food,cake,chips and stuff. Im just suprised i brew so many and im low in stock...

Lol, i guess my beer is good.

Probably is good!

Let's see, 5 gallons is 18.9 litres. Out of that, you get 18 litres of beer and .9 litres of yeast left at the bottom of the fermenter. Standard sized beer is half a litre, so 18 litres = 36 beers.

Obviously, if you want more beer in stock then you are going to need a few more fermenters.

I've been brewing about once a month lately. 10 gallon batches, so I have a bit of a pipeline set up at this point. I always show up with a growler or two so I haven't had trouble getting through it yet. :rockin:

I've been brewing for several years, and typically I average around 4 batches at 5 gallons each per year. Being in the middle of trying to find a bigger house for a soon to be family of six (Babies 3 and 4 on the way with the arrival of twins sometime in July) I have not had time to brew this year.

Lately I've been averaging ~3 2.5 gallon batches every month. Will probably not be able to say that for long since I'm using a swamp cooler to control fermentation temps. The Pacific NW is in for another hot summer and my upstairs apartment holds heat like an oven. Hopefully will be able to pick brewing back up in September when I'm moved into a new place that's big enough for a chest freezer fermentation chamber.

Well, Ive been brewing for a touch under 3 years, and am coming up on batch 85ish. So, to make it simple I brew about twice a month. I have a nice pipeline going though. I have 12 kegs, in which 9 can fit in the fridges. I have 3 currently empty, which 3 beers in fermenters right now. 2 kegs are almost empty so that means theres going to be some brewing coming up.

once (5 gallons) a month, although I could probably stand to brew once every 2-3 weeks if I really wanted to get a pipeline going. Right now my fermentation chamber is full of bottles that are being conditioned.

Using a ferm chamber to condition beer = Sad NCSU_Brewer.

10 gallons every 3-4 weeks usually keeps the pipeline full.

I have been brewing almost 2 years now and I have a goal of doing once a week (2 gallon batches) - I like to tweak recipes a lot and share my beer with friends. Unfortunately, that schedule usually doesn't work out - if I miss a week or two then I brew up a 5 gallon batch just to keep the pipeline full.

This summer has been especially tricky since I have started entering every competition and festival I can - along with trying to have batches ready for family events and having beer around the house for me to drink. I need to hire someone to keep track of my brewing calendar...

Since I got back into brewing last year, I've been making a 4-6 gallon batch about every other month. Now that my wife has discovered how tasty my beers now are, I'm trying to brew once a month.

I brew 2-4 times a month, depending the pipeline. That seems like a lot. I brew 4.75 gallon batches, fermented in cornie kegs. With a kegerator that fits 5 kegs and 3 taps, I guess I need to brew fairly often to keep it full.

I'm single and living by myself so I brew as often as I want. Which turns out is twice a week on the weekends since I have a M-F office job

I'll brew in the warmer months about every 6 weeks. I mix it up between 1 and 3 gallon batches. I'm not a heavy consumption guy, so few home brews a week makes my happy. The pipeline isn't under too much stress.

5 gallons every 3-4 weeks. Given my current capacity it depends on how much I give away to make room which also gives me an idea of how likable a certain batch is. I have two kegs and enough bottles for two batches at the moment but working on enough bottles for another full batch.

3.3 gallon batches, about 25-30 per year... some years more, some less. This year will be average.

I started just under 3 years ago. When I first started, I was pretty crazy, brewing at least 2 times but more like 3 times a month. Since my pipeline has been built up over the years I'm probably more around once a month now, depending on how the pipeline holds up. Memorial weekend, my kegs took a pretty hard hit, so my last brewing session was a back to back brew, to make sure I keep it on track.

When I first got into brewing, I would say my drinking became a bit of a problem really. I was drinking at least a couple of beers a night at least, and then drinking most of the day I was around the house on weekends. It just tasted so freakin' good. Lately I've been picking one night during the week, usually when I'm grilling, to have a couple of beers, then I'll have a couple each night of the weekend.

It was more to prove to myself that I wasn't an alcoholic, but then I have just kept the routine going. It's a lot easier on the waistline as well. The only real problem with this is that I really enjoy the process of brewing itself, almost as much as drinking the stuff. So I do start to get a little itchy when I haven't brewed for 3 weeks or so.

Not as much as I'd like. Back over spring break with my family out of town I brewed 2.75G of English Pale Lager and Schwarzbier, 4 gallons of RIS and 5 gallons of Belgian Pale Ale. I also brewed 5.5 gallons of Berliner Wiesse the weekend before that. I had a ton already in bottles. I thought I'd be set for ages. Like I'd barely be able to brew all summer.

Then I had parties and friends coming over like crazy the last couple of months. I am down from about 250 12oz bottles and 30 22oz bottles and a few growlers to no growlers, about 12 22oz bottles and maybe, possibly 80 12oz bottles and it is going fast (I think we are averaging about 20 bottles a week between myself, my wife and our friends...because my wife has decided to start drinking my beer gain. Maybe because I started complaining about her spending $100 a month on wine).

I brewed about 4.25 gallons of Hefeweizen 2 nights ago and I am going to brew 2.75-4.5 gallons of either English dry stout or Honey stout on Sunday. Oh and I brewed a pumpkin beer 2 weeks ago for my wife and her friend (4 gallons).

I'll probably "take a break" for a couple of weeks before I brew again. Not sure whether Belgian Saison, fruit wheat, tripple, double india pale lager or sour kettle oud bruin.

In a perfect world with no kids and relatively few familia commitments I'd brew every 2 weeks. I think I average closer to once every 3 weeks as I tend to do it in spurts. Like 2-4 times over maybe just 2 weeks, then I might not brew again for 4-6 weeks.

I started just under 3 years ago. When I first started, I was pretty crazy, brewing at least 2 times but more like 3 times a month. Since my pipeline has been built up over the years I'm probably more around once a month now, depending on how the pipeline holds up. Memorial weekend, my kegs took a pretty hard hit, so my last brewing session was a back to back brew, to make sure I keep it on track.

When I first got into brewing, I would say my drinking became a bit of a problem really. I was drinking at least a couple of beers a night at least, and then drinking most of the day I was around the house on weekends. It just tasted so freakin' good. Lately I've been picking one night during the week, usually when I'm grilling, to have a couple of beers, then I'll have a couple each night of the weekend.

It was more to prove to myself that I wasn't an alcoholic, but then I have just kept the routine going. It's a lot easier on the waistline as well. The only real problem with this is that I really enjoy the process of brewing itself, almost as much as drinking the stuff. So I do start to get a little itchy when I haven't brewed for 3 weeks or so.

I hear you on all of it. That is why, with rare exception and special events, I try not to have more than 1 beer a night, except weekends when I am willing to let myself have 2 beers a night. Occasionally/rarely during the day on a weekend if I am having a party, cookout, etc. Though I have found lately I am having half a beer with lunch on the weekends with moderate frequency. Break out the 7oz glasses and split one with my wife.

Also why I've mostly switched to brewing lighter beers. I don't feel as guilty about having a 5.5% beer every night than I did about a 6.5% or 7% beer.

I also try to rarely have dessert or sweets. I used to have a fair amount more than I do now. I've replaced the 200-400 calories a day in sweets with beer. Not sure what is actually better for me, but I know which I prefer more.

If I count the batch that I brewed with my friend that got me into this 2 years ago...I'm doing my 5th batch. Nothing like you guys! I definitely was over-protective of my first 3 batches I did myself but now I look forward to having chances to give them to other people to clear out some room.

Completed a 3 tap keezer build in March. Been brewing once a week ever since. Trying to build up my supply. Not so easy with the tabs running so much....

I tend to average ~150 gallons a year. My wife doesn't drink (or rarely drinks, and even more rarely drinks beer) so for the most part it's me drinking.

Back