How much do you brew yearly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it funny that the Government can tell you how much you can brew in your own home?

I can almost guarantee it's just a law so they can get you for something if you try to go bonkers with it. Nobody is going to raid your house if you brew 200 gallons for yourself.

That being said, I live with 5 other adults, so bring on the gallons baby!

In the U.S. we have a limit of 100 gallons per person, or 200 gallons in a household with 2+ adults. 2+ adult household here, and I plead the fifth.

I thought it was up to each state to establish the limits. Florida has the same limits you indicated though.

I brew outside so it can be tough to get out during the Michigan winters but I try to brew twice a month on the average and 15 gallon batches. I'm up to 200 gallons exactly :rolleyes::rolleyes:;);)

I only brew once a month. Some months I'll brew twice but that's been a rarity these days. That puts me around the 60 gallon mark. Well below the 200 I could brew for my household.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Currently about once every week and a half. I only brewed about 3 times last year, but since moving into a house it's much easier. I'd like to do about 150 gallons this year if i can.

I'm planning to brew exactly 200 gallons this year. I lost track of where I was at, though, and based on the amount of beer I have on hand, I'm nowhere near my goal....

I brew outside so it can be tough to get out during the Michigan winters but I try to brew twice a month on the average and 15 gallon batches. I'm up to 200 gallons exactly :rolleyes::rolleyes:;);)

You hit your limit too early! What are you going to do with the rest of the year? Think of all the free time you'll have now that you can't brew until next year.

I'm in the 60ish gallon range myself. I was out of town a lot last year which kept my count so low. I hope to use all of my 200 gallons this year.

I've done 25 gallons so far, probably do another 10 by the end of the month and 60ish gallons by the end of the year.

Trying to get my brother interested so that I have a brew buddy and can brew more.

I average 3.5 batches a month....soo with my fuzzy math.....exactly 195 and I definatly will be counting the ounces around December. :D

I didn't know I couldn't brew more than 200 gallons.

That is what I'll tell anyone that finds out.

I usually brew 3 or 4 times a month, about 5 gallons each brewday. My goal for the year is to break the 200 gallon mark, as I live in Canada and we have no such limit here.

I brew about 120gal a year (we're a 2-adult household). Done 65gal so far, so I'm pretty much on target for 2014.

I have only done 8- 5 gallon batches this year but I just am learning how to brew, I started in march.:D

45-50 gallons so far which is what I brewed all of last year. Hope to hit 100 in 2014!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I stick to 199.5 gallons maximum. :tank:

No need to flirt with a raid from those who would be concerned about such things.

Yeah like that would happen....besides I think you would need to possess 200 gal.

How many people are drinking it i cant even imagine brewing anywhere close to that.

i brew 2-3 times a month and it's usually double brewdays or a single 10 - but since i'm the only one who drinks in my house, i tend to bring kegs wherever i go :mug:

I try to brew twice per month, but that doesn't always happen. I seem to go in spurts where I brew 2-3 weeks in a row, then can't find a free day for 3-4 weeks. But, I've been brewing for about 4 years and have brewed just over 100 batches. So I figure about 25 batches per year (probably just a little over) and 5 gallons average (sometimes I do 6 or 10 gallon batches)..... so about 125-135 gallons per year.

I am married so I'm still way below the "legal" limit. But who's counting :mug:

roughly 132 gallons/year.

Just realized that's over 1,300 12-oz bottles. Wow. Where does it all go?!

I usually brew 3 or 4 times a month, about 5 gallons each brewday. My goal for the year is to break the 200 gallon mark, as I live in Canada and we have no such limit here.

They have gallons in Canada?

I'm right around the 50 mark. Wish it could be more but that's all I gots time for :(

Sent from myPhone

I thought it was up to each state to establish the limits. Florida has the same limits you indicated though.

I brew every three or four months.

Now for off topic commentary: The states lost much of their rights way back... Do you really think the civil war was simply about slavery? (Revisionists would have us all think so) Slavery is certainly one of the biggest, most awful things this country has done, but the civil war was about states rights. States rights lost... DC has run amok since.

Don't agree? Well that's ok, I'm still free to have my opinion. ...for now.

Back