How many taps do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many taps do you have at your primary residence?

• Zero (picnic taps only)

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jumbo82

Reaction score
For those of you who keg beer, how many taps do you have at your primary residence? I'm just curious. I have two.

No taps :(

Hopefully by the end of next year I'll have a few picnic taps. Can't see myself spending the $ on quality standard taps until I'm done with school... that's beer I'm not drinking!

My goal is 6, but currently I have 2 picnic taps (so I voted zero). I think it's likely to get to 6 of those before it gets to one real faucet/tap. The picnics will get replaced one by one as $$ allows unless I find some super Craigslist deal or something. I have a freezer that I think will hold at least 8-10 kegs so the current 4 keg fridge will be replaced with a keezer.

Two perlicks and a couple of picnic taps currently not attached to anything. I'm going to get some soda mix today at the LHBS and put some on tap for the kids.

Two perlicks on my keezer with a hole pluged for a third. Come on Santa lol

Five perlicks on my whirlpool 8.9cuft chest keezer so that's what I voted. However, now that my garage is a cold 46F regularly, I run a few short picnic faucets on some external kegs too.

2 taps for 5 gallon kegs, 1 tap for a 2.5/3 gallon keg that I have yet to purchase. Still need to externally mount my co2 tank.

I look forward to a 4-6 tap keezer once I move into a house with a Man Cave.

Four. :)

IMG_0293.jpg

I have only one setup with an actual old fashioned tap, and its not home brew its hooked too, a keg of store bought draft cider... unfortuatly i dont have a kegging setup. I want to put in a bar with three, but for now its kinda just the one... i would love to have a kegging setup... im working on a ghetto system and we shall see how that pans out... but for now its just one... and shes a beauty if you ask me... in fact i think ill have a pint, if anybody wants to stop by theres one in it for you too

Cheers

Six, but I want to add another tower between the two existing towers with a single stout faucet pushed by beer gas for that wonderful creamy flowing head.

2692381919_0da0ec2baa.jpg

Six, but I want to add another tower between the two existing towers with a single stout faucet pushed by beer gas for that wonderful creamy flowing head.

2692381919_0da0ec2baa.jpg

I voted two! Wish I had some decent tap handles to use though!

I notice the tap handle from Micro-Matic. I purchased two of them and had one stripped out before I even used it. Received a replacement and then the first one stripped out. Have you had any difficulty with yours?

Salute! :mug:

I voted two! Wish I had some decent tap handles to use though!

I notice the tap handle from Micro-Matic. I purchased two of them and had one stripped out before I even used it. Received a replacement and then the first one stripped out. Have you had any difficulty with yours?

Salute! :mug:

That's the 4" model. I ordered a 6" as well and it came "stripped" so they shipped a replacement free. That one was also "stripped". I wonder if they have the wrong threads cut. On both the threads look fine.

The 4" worked fine out of the gate.

I have three with a fourth on hand in case I need it. So far three are hard to keep flowing though.

I only have 2 but wish I had more. Just don't have the room for anything bigger right now.

aw sweet. we have some aluminum hydrant wrenches. they dont weigh nuttin.

what else could we use around the fire house? Epoxy up some 3/4 inch hose? weld a chainsaw chain together in a loop? that'd be cool.

aw sweet. we have some aluminum hydrant wrenches. they dont weigh nuttin.

what else could we use around the fire house? Epoxy up some 3/4 inch hose? weld a chainsaw chain together in a loop? that'd be cool.

Aluminum hydrant wrenches? You guys must not use 'em often if they're still in one piece. ;) I do like the chainsaw chain idea...may have to take a file to the teeth though...a few homebrews + grabbing the tap handle with a little too much gusto could equal a few stitches. :D

Back