How many refrigerators do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many refriderators do you have?

• 4+

Results are only viewable after voting.

aliu630

Reaction score
Seems like a few people on here brew A LOT and I'm curious on how people are able to maintain fermentation temps as well as storing the cold brews. So just wondering, How many refriderators do you guys have? If you only have 1 refrigerator, what do you use to maintain fermentation temps? I only have 2, one for food, and one used as a fermentation chamber

Two refrigerators in my brew room for beer bottles, one freezer for kegs (set on a timer to maintain low 40s), one freezer for wild meat (I hunt a lot), one fridge for food, and one smaller fridge for miscellaneous stuff.

Four: One for food, One for a kegerator, a small one currently used for bottled beer, and a free one that is getting an extreme makeover and will be a fermentation chamber/cellar by next summer.

I have three right now. The first is for food, the second for beer and food, and the third is my future fermentation chiller, currently holding commercial beer.

I also have three freezers (not counting the little ones on the refrigerators). The first is for food, the second one for food and film, and the third is my keezer.

It's not wrong to have 5 is it? Well, technically 4 but with the temp controller I count the chest freezer as another fridge. One is idle though.

2. my regular fridge for food (and top freezer for hops) and my "keg fridge"...i need to put a damn tap on that thing. i should have a chest freezer soon, too.

i've also got a fermentation cabinet (with ac unit) at my friends house and an ice chest (son-of-fermentation chiller) at home. do those count?

damnit, change my vote to 4~! :D

1 for food, 1 for garage beer storage, small one converted to kegerator, and a chest freezer with temp controller for fermentation and keg storage.

Kegerator, bottle fridge, and the one in the kitchen. I'd love to get a lagering chamber too, but I don't want to give up the extra garage space. Maybe some day when I clear some stuff out of the way...

Two for food, one for visitors, one for the Jeep camping, one up right soft drinks one (mainly full beer) 2 under counter ones for beer and a temp control deepfreez

1 food 34 degF
1 drink 38 degF(True Dbl door 4 tap)
1 fermentation +- temp controlled
1 conditioning 34-36 temp controlled (chest freezer)

Five.

Two Kegerators
Fermentation Fridge
Beer/Extra Food
Kitchen

I had six before the one in the kitchen went out. I had to replace it with the beer fridge. I only paid for two of them.

I don't count food storage. I have a kegger that runs all the time and the old kegger gets used for fermentation in the summer. I use Ranco controllers.

Hmmm... I count five?!?!?! Food in kitchen (sometimes opened wine), Food in Garage plus bottled beer storage, Micro in garage for MY Damned Beer!, Mini (3.6cf)in garage being collared and converted to kegerator, and Mother of Fermchiller in basement. Will eventually hook micro to fermchiller and not to the ice thing any more.

I don't refrigerate my beer. I ferment and store in my basement @ ~60F. I concentrate on ale styles, but I am going to try a lager soon. I use cornys and can control carbonation fairly well, which, in my view, is the only real issue here.

i got two, one minifridge for food and bought beer etc, and one Walmart brand tiny fridge which hold about 50 bottles... right now i guess you could say 3 however because i got a prime michigan winter to keep the brew cold for the next couple months... so my third fridge is only on for a time each year and its pretty damn big. :ban:

I had to put in the bannana

Cheers

2 mini fridges, two full fridges and two stand up freezers.

No kegerators though, and no space in any of those for kegs.

:(

Brewing related: the kegerator, a Sanyo (not the 4912) for yeast/hops/some bottle storage- and it's jammed full at the moment, and a fermentation cabinet cobbled together from a CL chest freezer.

3 is the magic number. :D

1 in the kitchen. Also have an ancient dorm fridge in the cellar that holds a 12-pack at best. I don't count that one.

I only have 1 TV that is on for maybe 15 hours/week.

There should be another poll involved here: what is the utility bill for those with multiple fridges?

#1: (Side by Side) for food and highly perishable brew ingredients

#2: (Side by Side) drink fridge for bottles, glasses, dry yeast, chocolates, etc.. and extra freezer space when it's not packed full of hops.

#3: Chest freezer for fermentation (in garage).

#4: Chest freezer Keezer

#5: Compact "cube" fridge so my lazy ass doesn't have to get up and walk the 6 foot to the kitchen fridge when watching re-runs of Baywatch.

And 7 TV's. Kitchen (19"), Bedroom (27"), Living Room (49"), Theater (67"), Boys Room (15"), Master Bathroom (15"), and Garage (19"). Looks like I need more fridges too.

3 or 4 here. One for food. One dorm fridge in the living room for "Currently Drinking" beers. One Fridge/Freezer in the basement for bottle storage/extra freezer space. And my Wine Bar fridge that I haven't done anything with yet...

Wow. I officially hate some of you. My equipment seems inadequate compared to some of yours

Latest posts

Back