How many kegs do you guys own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many kegs do you own?

• 1-3

• 4-6

• 6-10

• 11-20

• 21+

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Did a search but couldn't find anything like this. Let it die if I'm mistaken... I'm curious, how many kegs do you guys have? How many do you find ideal for your operations?

I'll go first... I only have four kegs today but I think I ideally want to end up with twelve to start cask conditioning and lagering.

***EDIT: Screwed up the 3rd option - should be 7-10 kegs instead of 6-10***

I just bought my third keg, and second CO2 bottle/regulator. I'll probably top out with 4-5 kegs unless I start brewing 10 gal batches. The second CO2 bottle is useful, since I use CO2 with the beer gun, and to push beer during racking. Also, it provides a backup when one runs out of gas.

I like to bottle half of each batch in 22oz bottles, so the kegs don't take too long to empty. :drunk:

I have 4, but am planning on having 3 taps going at once. Im going to need a couple more.

I have one in my posession and ordered two more this morning. Darn, that still keeps me in the lowest option :mad:

I own eight, 5-gallon cornies. I have a six-cornie capacity, bottom-freezer kegerator with a 20# external C02 tank. When I fill them all, I'll probably buy another four. It's so hard to build up a large cache, because we keep drinking the damned stuff.

I started with 2 and I bought 4 more intending on splitting with a friend. Then I moved from a 2 tapper to a 4. Needless to say, I never did end up splitting the keg order.

i have 13, only 10 of which i am really going to use, the other three are more for spare parts, or temps when transferring or filtering. i have a mix of ball lock and pin lock. the reason why i have this many is because my kegerator can hold 6 kegs, so i want to be able to keep it full as well as backups in the future.

Picked up 5 off the bat.
Just keged my first batch of soda, haven't gotten any beer kegged yet, that should be next weekend.

I have four in the kegger, one charging for soda water, two barleywines & two ales aging, a couple near blowing and two empties. One of those empties will be getting the blackberry wine soon. Two more are down in California, although I may never see them again.

Over the years, I've accumulated 7 five gallon, 1 three gallon and two 2.5 gallon cornies. All of them are empty except the 3 gallon which has some hard cider in it as of yesterday.

I'm looking foward to filling all of them and converting my kegerator to a 3 faucet rig.

I've got loads of carboys waiting for some secondary fermentations, but right now, space is a premium.

Man do I wish I had the basement I had in Utah!!

7 here. 5 5-gallon and 2 3-gallon cornies. I have a kegerator that holds 4 5-gallon and 1 3-gallon corny along with a 10# CO2. I use one 3-gallon in a round cooler tote leaving one to age. I definitely need more.

Wild

My brewing buddy (photohand) and I together have 10 or 12 my keggor has four taps and I can store 2 others and still have enough room to ferment 12 gal batches.
JJ

I have too many, if that is possible. I have 2 2.5s, 2 10 gallons and about 15 5s. I have pick them up at scrap yards and here and there for years.

Brewpastor said:
I have too many, if that is possible. I have 2 2.5s, 2 10 gallons and about 15 5s. I have pick them up at scrap yards and here and there for years.
If you find more 2.5s or 10s at the scrap yard I'll buy them from you and even come pick them up. If you don't need them that is.:mug:

I started with one, then bought 4 for the fridge. Now I can have 4 in the fridge and one ready to go in, or forr misc. things like running beer line cleaner through the lines.

I've got 3 5gals. They are rarely empty and are about right for my 2tap kegerator. I really wish I had a smaller one as well though as I frequently split a 5G batch so I can experiment with 2 kinds of yeast or half with and half w/o fruit so I can compare side by side as I gain experience.
The 3Gs are not too common used and new they are spendy.
I'll just have to keep my eye out.

Back