How many days carbonation supposed to last in serving keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Chabot

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Read a few threads but didn't find the answer.

I'm doing the carbonation with the provided sugar pouch from the company and wait 2 weeks. When I serve the beer for the first time I get a very good beer with a lot of bubbles.

Let's say we drink half of the keg. A week later I drink the other half but the beer is almost flat (without any bubbles).

Is this normal behavior? How long should CO2 supposed to stay in a serving keg after initial dispensing?

Marc

Marc,

I am assuming you are talking about a Pico Serving Keg. If you are you might be better served posting thidunder the Picobrew Pico thread by jrb03. You can gt more input quicker.

If you are refering to a Pico serving keg, what you have posted is completely normal.

First, I would wait a bit longer then two weeks if you are "naturally" carbonating your beer.
Second, The serving kegs are not designed to keep the beer fresh for several days once tapped. After you have had some beer initially you have created a larger head space and the CO2 will leave the beer and occupy the space. The more head space the flatter the beer will become. This is very similar to a 2 liter bottle of soda that goes flat after several days.

Back