How many burners off of 1 tank??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXXBrewDude

Reaction score
Anybody out there running all three burners off of 1 propane tank? I've got 3 turkey fryers, each with there own regulator and tank. I'd like to cut the hoses and do a 3 way tee off of 1 tank. Will this work? Will there be enough flow / pressure? Also, will I still need a regulator on each fryer? or just have 1 at the tank and tee from there?

Thanks in advance :mug:

Running three turkey fryers off of one tank, depending on how big the burners, I would worry about freezing the tank. When I run just oneo f my big burners on a tank, I have to watch it or the tank will freeze and the gas flow will get real slow. Might have something to do with being at pretty high altitude.

If you only had one regulator would you still be able to run the different burners at different settings, or would they all have to be the same? Unless space is an issue I like having three tanks, it builds in some leeway so I'm not running out of gas and having to run to the store to refill part way through a boil.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I guess I overlooked that I would still need 3 regulators for independent volume control. I wonder if the larger tanks , say 30 gal, will have the same freezing issue you brought up? I'm up on a 2nd story deck and was thinking of a large tank at ground level and pluming the hose up to the brewery. Anybody using a single tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I guess I overlooked that I would still need 3 regulators for independent volume control. I wonder if the larger tanks , say 30 gal, will have the same freezing issue you brought up? I'm up on a 2nd story deck and was thinking of a large tank at ground level and pluming the hose up to the brewery. Anybody using a single tank?

May as well get a 100+ gallon low pressure tank that can be filled with a truck :D

You would need different regulators and perhaps orifices for low pressure LPG though.

I use a 30 lb tank plumbed into 3 blichmann burners. Freezing is an issue during the cold months so I just put the tank into some warm water. There is enough pressure to use all burners at the same time.

I use a 30 lb tank plumbed into 3 blichmann burners. Freezing is an issue during the cold months so I just put the tank into some warm water. There is enough pressure to use all burners at the same time.

Laszio, do you have a regulator located at each burner?

Laszio, do you have a regulator located at each burner?

The gas manifold is pressurized from the tank( only 1 regulator) and the burners are independently controlled with the needle valve. I will upload a picture in a minute.

Here it is.

image.jpg

Sounds kinda like a BBQ setup. Blichman sells the manifold too? Look forward to the pics

OK, I see. The manifold is just gas pipes that tee. Are the flame adjustments located right there at the air intake to each burner? Kinda hard to see that close in the pic

Awesome ! I see now . Thanks. I'll check out the blichman site. Thank you

Back