How many batches do you brew in a month?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasxp

Reaction score
I know we all have limitations when it comes to homebrewing. It's either time, money, equipment, family, space or all of them together. So I was wondering how many batches the average home brewer is able to brew per month.
I can brew twice a month, and you?

Should have made this a poll!

I brew 11 gallon batches so once a month is plenty. Being married and a homeowner of an older house on some land there is always projects on the house or yard work to be done when I'm not at the day job or under the yoke of the "Honey-do List".

Jayhem said:
Should have made this a poll!

I brew 11 gallon batches so once a month is plenty. Being married and a homeowner of an older house on some land there is always projects on the house or yard work to be done when I'm not at the day job or under the yoke of the "Honey-do List".

Honey-do List hahah that's funny!

We are one the same boat with our 11 gallons per month.

i brew 2-3 batches a month. often i'll do 4 one month and 0 or 1 the next.

Usually one, maybe two if supplies get low. I generally brew 12 gallon batches. I thinkk the next batch I brew is going to be a 15- 20 gallon batch though, I'm starting to figure out what I want to do now.

Which month? From March to October or even November I don't brew at all. The room I ferment in gets too warm then and I have other things that use up all my time. Mid November I start brewing and I might do 4 batches and fill all my fermenters, then slow down to brew when a fermenter is empty again.

Though I average 11 gallons per month I do often brew 33 gallons in one month and not brew again for 2 months. It's nice to have more than one style ready to drink.

I try to brew once or twice a month. sometimes 3 batches a month. then maybe catch up on other things the next month. then on to brewing another one or two the following month. Being retired makes ot harder,but doable.

I was doing 3-4/mth for a while, now I do 1 every 2 months. I have a 15mth old daughter that has more energy than my wife and I combined... so we're pretty pooped by 7pm, and I tend to be a nerd and play on the computer rather than brew :p

I don't drink much, either, so a 5gal keg lasts me a while.

between my brew buddy and I sometimes 2 double batches a month so 20 gallons. but sometimes its a little more or less depending on when we can get together.

I started brewing again after a 2 year hiatus so I brewed 4 in a month to fill the kegerator then I brew one once I float a keg. And now I get to spend a year away so ill age 2 beers for that year and start back where I left off.

I average about 1 batch of beer per month. On top of that, I may have a gallon of cider going at any given time, or my new pet project, a 3 gallon batch of graf.

i brew one or two batches a month normally. If i have more get togethers or holiday parties that i know will stress the pipeline then i will brew extra for that though. I always want to have something ready to put in a keg when it dries up. I like having more choices on hand. Although i normally have my favorite out of the ones i am drinking at the time.

I just started doing 11 gallon batches. My plan is every 4 - 6 weeks, depending on time and money.

I tend to brew about 2 5G batches a month. This keeps me stocked with PLENTY of beer. I enjoy the brewing process maybe even more than the beer though (maybe), and I'm also a fan of really fresh beer - so if I get to where the fermenters are full and I need space in the kegerator I just have people over or start pouring growlers for folks. Haven't had anyone complain yet.

Right now I'm doing a batch a week. That means a brew and also a bottling session to keep everything going. That can change with winter weather as I do winter highway maintenance for my town and I'm always on call for emergency conditions and situations. Ideally I can due this Oct.-April. May and June are planting months, thus spotty, maybe 2 or 3 brews. July, Aug. and Sept are pretty much out for me due to agriculture. Supply is gone by the end of Sept. I'm still waiting on carbonation for the first real beer since then. Another week.

I brew 2-3 11 gallon batches a month. I like to brew more than drink, so I keep a lot of friends stocked up.

I've been doing about 2 a month since I started brewing in August. I would brew every weekend if I had the space, funds, and bottles. If I get a keg system for Christmas I can't imagine what a monster I'll turn into. I'm also looking to do at least one 10 gallon a month and one 5 gallon and month coming up.

Wow you guys must drink a lot! :)

I thought I was brewing a lot at about once a month, but I also do smaller batches. Last one was a 4 gal batch. And I have both my gf and I drinking it, but the problem is we don't drink every night, we still buy commercial beer and we still drink at bars, so we can never go through it all.

I am averaging two brews a month of about 19Litres each
Trouble is, I am very relaxed, and getting heavy.
All will be ok if I can grow a few inches taller. I am really trying dear.

fartinmartin said:
All will be ok if I can grow a few inches taller.
That's an awesome alternative to counting calories!!

I have only been brewing about a year, and I usually make 2 5 gallon batches a month, sometimes 3. I would love to make more but filling and capping bottles is such a damn pain....

I'll brew a batch 5 gal batch, every month, to keep up with demand. I would love to brew more, but don't have the space in my ferm chamber, to ferment more than one batch at a time. This week is especially cold(~50*F) here, so I might try to fill up a couple more fermenters, and see how they do uncontrolled.

kCS-brewing yes bottling is a pain, I also have plastic kegs, but keep looking at 2 litre plastic bottles, the amount WE must be drinking, what about 2 litre screw top bottles.

Bottling is such a hassle hence the kegerator that fits 4 cornys... Granted the fridge was free and the Craigslist score on the co2 and reg was awesome I will never bottle anothe beer again. Unless I go commercial of course.

I used to only brew once a month because bottling was such a pain... Used to as in years ago but y'all need to keg. Walking into my garage and pouring a beer is hands down the most rewarding thing after a 10 brew day.

I can do up to 4 per month with two fermenters and a single brite tank, but I very rarely do. That's only for when I have a lot of bottles and a bone-dry pipeline. I don't think we can actually consume a full batch in a month unless we give a fair amount away.

I've got 5 different planting areas (green houses and fields, 2 miles apart). I can't afford to put the time into keeping 5 kegging systems supplied at this time. Bottles work just fine for me. LOL.

I know we all have limitations when it comes to homebrewing. It's either time, money, equipment, family, space or all of them together. So I was wondering how many batches the average home brewer is able to brew per month.
I can brew twice a month, and you?
I brew almost every Sunday except in the summer when I'm camping.

I don't drink very much at a time. I do 5 gallon batches and try to always have something on tap (or in the bottle, as it is). That being said, when I'm starting to get low, I try and throw on another batch, time and money permitting.

Well, 23 batches this year, so I say twice a month. Many of those were 2 gallons, some 5s, a 1 and a 4 (just enough on hand). I'd like to brew 2 gallons a week, enough to supply my drinking needs.

I'm the one in the household who drinks the majority of the beer, so I usually only brew a 5-gallon batch about once a month. But SWMBO really likes oatmeal stout, and since the last batch of that is getting low, I'll be doing another of that next weekend.

I brew 2 or 3 times a month of 8 to 11 gallon batches depending on how much grain is required for the recipe. I always split them into two carboys and do different yeasts or different dry hops just for fun.

Melana said:
I'm brewing 4 10 gallon batches per month

...for 5 months out of the year.

Fixed that for ya ;). We must have the same schedule since more than 200gal/year is a no-no....

Piratwolf said:
...for 5 months out of the year.

Fixed that for ya ;). We must have the same schedule since more than 200gal/year is a no-no....

After a four year hiatus I'm only at 95 gallons for 2014. Do I get 100 or 200 gallons per person?

Melana said:
After a four year hiatus I'm only at 95 gallons for 2014. Do I get 100 or 200 gallons per person?

100/adult up to 200

Welcome back to the game! :)

Back