How long should you boil a bee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherm1016

Reaction score
A some point while I was boiling my wort today (a Flanders Red), a bee decided he was no longer fit for this world, and decided my wort was the place to off himself. I'm not exactly sure how long he was in there, but I do believe it was long enough that he was sterilized.

I do not know what type of bee it was, nor do I know his alpha acidity level, so replicating this recipe might be difficult. I hope he does not impart any "Bee" flavors to my brew.

A some point while I was boiling my wort today (a Flanders Red), a bee decided he was no longer fit for this world, and decided my wort was the place to off himself. I'm not exactly sure how long he was in there, but I do believe it was long enough that he was sterilized.

I do not know what type of bee it was, nor do I know his alpha acidity level, so replicating this recipe might be difficult. I hope he does not impart any "Bee" flavors to my brew.

Be sure to announce that addition to those with be sting allergies !

I must say having been a beekeeper, firstly She (they are pretty much all females) probably isn't a problem. Also I've learned bees dessicated in lab grade alcohols impart an interesting scent somewhere between flowers and honey. One bee probably won't give you that though, try adding a queen early next time you might get enough of the colony in to give some flavor.

I spider-mashed a pale ale once. Drinking it now come to think of it...

It'll taste fine, and the alcohol content will really sting.

587.png

Back