How long can I let my trub sit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxpx5678

Reaction score
I racked my previous beer into a keg on Friday night in anticipation of brewing again Saturday night and then racking on top of the previous yeast cake.

I wasn't able to brew Saturday and probably cant for a couple more days. My question is how long can i let the trub sit for and still feel ok about it?

Thanks!

A long as there is a small layer of beer over your yeast cake you should be fine for a while, week or longer from what I have seen in the forums.

Swirl it, and dump it into a mason jar and refrigerate it, if you're not going to use it in less than a couple days. Will keep a good long time in a jar in the fridge.

Yeah i would have just washed it,preboiled water dump let it sit then pour into a large jar.Maybe even pour that off and wash it at that point.but if just using it once i would have just added water let it settle and poured that into a jar and refrigerated it. I personally dont like the idea of all that headspace and air exposure.

Back