How keep corny cold away from home?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qposner

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find an answer. I am driving from Portland, OR to Syringa, ID to meet 9 friends for a 2 day raft trip down the Lochsa :ban:. We are meeting around 3pm the day before the trip and I would like to bring a corny with me for all of us to enjoy that afternoon/early evening. It is a 7 hour drive (or so). How could I easily keep my corny cold for the drive over there and the afternoon? I really don't want to buy a Keglove if I don't need to. Thanks for any suggestions!

Ice chest. Either lay the cooler down in it (if it is big enough) or sit it upright and wrap a towel around it to keep the air flow down. If you are not planning on keeping the keg cool overnight than this should be sufficient.

Thanks. I just remembered I have a large soft sided cooler. I will see if that will work. Too bad I can't find a cheap CL jockey box!

There is a neoprene keg insulator on sale for about $30 on kegconnection.com which says it can keep a keg cold for up to 24 hours. I haven't ordered one yet but would be interested to hear from anyone who has one. It seems like 24 hours would be a stretch, but 8-12 hours should be reasonable; for an extra $15 there is an optional ice jacket which fits between the keg and the insulator.

There is a neoprene keg insulator on sale for about $30 on kegconnection.com which says it can keep a keg cold for up to 24 hours. I haven't ordered one yet but would be interested to hear from anyone who has one. It seems like 24 hours would be a stretch, but 8-12 hours should be reasonable; for an extra $15 there is an optional ice jacket which fits between the keg and the insulator.

That is the Keglove I mentioned.

If you buy the keg insulator you have to buy the ice blanket with it also. I just bought 1 today and I'm hoping it will do the job for taking my kegs to summer pool parties

Back