How is this for a double burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modernlifeisANDY

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been working on slowly upgrading my brew rig into something that saves me time and makes the process easier. I have been brewing using a single burner turkey fryer and cooler MT for a few years now and the setup has served me very well over the years. I have brewed great beer with this system, and I don't feel the need to go all out with a fabricated stand or anything.

However, a second burner is something I am interested in, in order to have one for boiling and one for heating mash and sparge water. I have a March pump on the way to aid in that part of the process, and I have recently installed ball valves on my kettles and purchased some high-temp tubing.

Budget is a major concern for me - I can't spend a lot. I don't need a TON from a burner, but I do need enough BTUs to boil in a reasonable time frame (my current burner gets around 55k BTUs and that is fine by me). I was looking at this burner: Amazon.com: King Kooker CS29 30-Inch Two-Burner Outdoor Cook Stove: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I thought to use this to replace my current burner, as a way of having two rigged to the same propane tank. I also like the height, which will help facilitate use of my new pump and allow for gravity drain into my MT. Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? It is right in my hoped-for price range, and I would love to hear opinions. Remember, my set-up doesn't need to be flashy, but I'd like to make my brew day smoother.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen other posts that the flame quality on these isn't that great. How big of batches do you do? I don't know if I would trust those legs doing 10 gallon batches.

Back