How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary was right about the babies, because I read about it. Something I wish you guys would do more of.

It's right on the cover of the latest issue of Wine Making magazine:

CedSkb4T_400x400.jpg

Must....resist....reading.....this......thread... :drunk:

Cheers! (btw, why do the mods keep dumping these epic train wrecks in the Drunken and Mindless forum for a few days before the inevitable burial in the Chit Chat room? Were we bad? ;))

Gary is leaving tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading to Bannedland
Oh and I can see Gary waving goodbye
Lord it looks like Gary,
must be the clouds in my eyes

They say Bannedland is pretty but I've never been
But Gary says it's the best place that he's ever seen
And he would know he's been there enough
Lord I miss Gary, I miss him so much.

All I will say about BA.com is that if you aren't a hop-head, you might not be made to feel welcome.

I can't remember what I did to get banned, but I do remember getting trolled in a thread, and then getting a warning that ***I*** was being a troll. I promise you, I was not trolling anyone.

Then I got bant. (Yes, "bant"! I like the way it looks...) Last time I tried to get on BA just to see some style definitions & such, I got the same message that I received when I was banned, that I am basically blocked from ever using the site again, even though I am not on the forums anymore. I haven't tried looking at the site for months now, and have no use for it anyway.

Some of those guys seem to be a bit thin-skinned over there. Especially the brothers.

That being said - I like it here! This site is great, and when I get some spare cash, I will support the forum, as well as throw $5 towards that labelizer site!

:ban:

While beer advocate does have some homebrewers & homebrew topics, I think the alstrom bros created it more as a place for commercial beer discussion.

Discussion like "this year's iteration of HopSlam isn't as good as last year's" and "WHALEZ, BRO!!!"

Ad infinitum.

Sorry... it might seem like sour grapes... maybe it is.

:cross:

well, it took all day, but here I am at the bottom of this thread. Thanks Gary! This was awesome

Popcorn was not meant to be sweet.

You know that John Harvey Kellogg (yes, from that Kellogg family) was using popcorn as a breakfast cereal, right?

;)

So, you don't like Cracker Jacks? Or Crunch 'N Munch? You, sir... are crazy. And that's OK! I still like you, and won't put you down for your likes & dislikes.

:mug:

I got the quadruple reply and now, with the next 2 days off I have the urge to brew a Popcorn, ketchup, Jalapeno, baby, whiskey, root beer, Pale ale with some oregano, honey, bacon, oysters. I may throw in some liver, mustard and garlic for extra aroma.

But, I have not read the books..... So I don't know if I can brew this in the next 2 days????

RIP Gary_Oak

I'm not gung-ho btw that implies that I get in over my head without thinking and it's not like I quickly skimmed through those books I read it over multiple times until I fully understood the application of the words and I could tell you exactly the role of farnesene humulene, Mycene, and caryophyllene so no I'm not like most Brewers I actually want to understand every aspect of the process on a molecular level

My hero.

:drunk:

I got the quadruple reply and now, with the next 2 days off I have the urge to brew a Popcorn, ketchup, Jalapeno, baby, whiskey, root beer, Pale ale with some oregano, honey, bacon, oysters. I may throw in some liver, mustard and garlic for extra aroma.

But, I have not read the books..... So I don't know if I can brew this in the next 2 days????

RIP Gary_Oak

Well, how many books can you read in 1.5 days?

I never jumped into the popcorn debate because I was doing real work for a minute. Kettle corn is awesome. Just a little bit of salt and it's magical. I also like literally every other way popcorn can be served.

I like throwing some home-made heady garlic butter in with the popcorn, then shaking on my home-made chili powder.

DEE-licious!

*EDIT* 10:10 PM and I am done, finally. Pardon all my posts at the end of this old thread.

What's the politically correct word for idiot savant nowadays? Cuz if I read 4 brewing books 3x each in 2 days I'd feel like one

What's the politically correct word for idiot savant nowadays? Cuz if I read 4 brewing books 3x each in 2 days I'd feel like one

Autistic. Asperger's possibly.

At any rate I could read a book pretty quick, if I got to sit down and read a book.

Well! Kick me sideways and call me betty!
He wants to be all pure and stuff? What's this about?
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=6876126

Oh Gary...he fooled us all. Now I feel as though I have nothing else to focus on today but work. Dammit.
@passedpawn said it, I believe, these types of threads never go well. Well, they go real well for all of us, but hardly for the OP. This is a feeding ground for my sarcasm and I like it a lot. :D
He has replied all over this forum.
@Hello even rebuked him in a leaky pot thread.
His response was shat. You don't just caulk **** up. The ******* that owned my house caulked all kinds of **** and 4 years later I'm starting to see things degrade. Fix the issue, don't band-aid it. I'm pretty passionate about it. Oh and he's a tool.
I can't wait to start using this
Please do! I love it.
Dang, we'll never know if his username was from the Pokemon character, Gary Oak, who by the way was known to be a real dick to his pokemon and the other pokemon trainers. :(
hahah you feel pretty strongly about Pokemon, huh?
Am I closest without going over?
Did I win?:fro:
I said 4 so I was over. It was 3:21 that I believe @passedpawn mentioned he was being zapped. I replied to him after that not knowing he was likely gone.
He's going to be hard to track. A bunch of Pokemon stuff comes up and something about rule #34.
Add "homebrew" to that search.
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=gary_oak+homebrew&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
It doesn't mean you'll track him completely, but he seems to like his user name. Honestly, I don't think of Pokemon, I never watched/play etc. It was slightly after my time. I do think of Ticket Oak...I mean, I could use a Ticket Oak.
I don't know if hes as much a troll, as a uh...mislead individual...yeah....that...

This thread moves too quickly.
Mislead. Looks like a teenager got the itch to try the hobby, read 4 books and has one in the mail on the way to him now. He decided that others were lacking any actual skill because they wanted to try various things in beer making, some never read a book, and qualified himself by stating he's read books on the subject, twice over. He loves the word molecular and uses it to describe how he intends to learn about beer-making and the rest of us can piss off because we're stupid and we don't know anything because we didn't read books or didn't tell him that we did and didn't express interest in learning the hobby on a molecular level.

So mislead more so than troll. :ban:

hahah you feel pretty strongly about Pokemon, huh?

Your comment got me thinking. I guess I do fell strongly about Pokemon. I would sit with my son and watch cartoons together and Pokemon was his favorite. He had all the pokemon games and toys. He is 21 now and about to graduate college, so things like that bring up a lot of fond memories.

Your comment got me thinking. I guess I do fell strongly about Pokemon. I would sit with my son and watch cartoons together and Pokemon was his favorite. He had all the pokemon games and toys. He is 21 now and about to graduate college, so things like that bring up a lot of fond memories.

Oh I was playing around. Your son isn't too far off in age from my nephew who was born when I was pretty young. Pokemon was his era so I'm aware of it. It was huge, it also made a comeback.

Oh I was playing around. Your son isn't too far off in age from my nephew who was born when I was pretty young. Pokemon was his era so I'm aware of it. It was huge, it also made a comeback.

Yea, I noticed that a year ago. amazing! Maybe Captain Kangaroo will come back :). Saturday morning was the only time to catch him sitting long enough (unless he was on the computer) where I could sit with him for any length of time. Dragonball Z was another one. Now there are no cartoons on Saturday, I guess it is all streaming now.

Yea, I noticed that a year ago. amazing! Maybe Captain Kangaroo will come back :). Saturday morning was the only time to catch him sitting long enough (unless he was on the computer) where I could sit with him for any length of time. Dragonball Z was another one. Now there are no cartoons on Saturday, I guess it is all streaming now.

I'm too old for Pokemon, but man, Akira Toriyama is releasing a new Dragon Ball series and I couldn't be more excited!

I had a nerdgasm when it happened and tried to explain to my wife and anyone that would listen the intricacies of the DB story line and how important it is to not only current manga, but western Culture as a whole. Changed the damn world.

They woke up three hours later from what they explained as a "nerdcoma". I didn't even know there was such a thing but here we are.

Anyone still awake?

Latest posts

Back