How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to break this to you but brewers have been adding all manner of different things to beer since it's discovery. It's still beer no matter what you think of it.

The purity law applied only to german brewing as a means to keep brewers from using things found to be harmful. Today we have DEA and ABLE and other regulatory agencies that don't just blanketly restrict the craft for safety.

Did he actually get banned from BA or did he come over here just to start trouble, so he could go back over there and post about it all.

If he's on mobile, it's super easy to multi post if you don't just inore the occasional error message.

But other than that, dude's crazy.
Nope. Check out the postings. Unless for some reason he's saving a draft thinking it didn't post then coming back some time later...but even if he posted once, I'd still think he was an ignorant person trying to garner some kind of support for his poor behavior on another forum by being a dick on this one.
annnd @Hello gets the Donkey.

It's purely symbolic, I am not giving away the only trophy I've ever won. Participant trophies don't count.

So you're saying I'm a dick?
It would explain a whole lot, really.

You sound like a newbie that thinks he knows more than he does. Case in point: believing that BA would be a good place to talk about brewing beer. That was your first mistake.

Your second mistake is turning your nose up to weird things added to beer. Sure, ketchup beer sounds disgusting, but somebody somewhere might be able to pull it off. Don't discourage anyone from experimenting.

I have to admit that I have been influenced immensely by this thread.

I now have a mad craving for popcorn & ketchup. :rockin:

wow! I'd like to know what the record is for most replies per hour. This thread must be a contender.

I'm all in favor of experimenting and there are plenty of examples of commercial brews with strange stuff in them.

Enjoy your brew, whatever you call it.

wow! I'd like to know what the record is for most replies per hour. This thread must be a contender.

I'm all in favor of experimenting and there are plenty of examples of commercial brews with strange stuff in them.

Enjoy your brew, whatever you call it.

This one has garnered 130 replies in 5.5 hours which would make it.......carry the two.......24.11 posts per hour.

Cracker Jack is not popcorn but Jiffy Pop on the other hand is as much fun to make as is to eat :)

just saying

I have to say though... The only time I ever eat/make jiffy pop is typically around a campfire. And if Im around a campfire then S'mores > Jiffy Pop

Why/what did I just read? My only comment after reading all 14 pages is that now I want some popcorn but I'm stuck at work. And that I can't wait to brew my jalapeno beer again.

I don't know about you guys, but this is getting me through my workday. :ban:

The main difference I see between HBT and BA is that BA has a focus on commercial beer, and you run into a lot of people with extremely niche tastes ("I'm on a big barrel-aged sour quad kick right now"). There's some of that on HBT too, but you're also likely to find someone with an appreciation for whatever other style you're into, and anyone that gets overly pretentious about it is likely to get called on it.

In hindsight, this was pretty prophetic. Maybe I can see the future... :pipe:

Wow, thank you all for making my morning that much more enjoyable!

For the first couple pages I was mad, now, not so much! [emoji1]

This is definitely in contention with foodgrade's threads as the best of all time.

should rephrase that I am doing an upgrade on my Symantec Mail Security for Exchange

on my Exchange Server

my bad :)

wanting to start drinking is a bad thing? ;)

In that case i don't feel as bad for you. :D We ditched exchange a few years ago for Google Apps and it has made my life easier, well mostly.

I keep telling my boss that if i could have a beer or two during the work day my productivity would increase. There is a brewery right across the street after all. :tank:

I am thinking I will join BA just so I can post about the Salt Water Taffy Ale I want to make with real salt water

but I am still torn between using water from Cape Cod or from Long Island Sound

maybe OP can give me a little advice or I could just read a book maybe

they make brew books in braille?

In the defense of ketchup beer, I once had a sour that had a STRONG ketchup/worcestershire sauce flavor.

People say it's good.

I say it's infected.

so before i got this app on my phone i used another brewing forum called beer advocate

-i'm a newer brewer

-i've read 4 books about it

-i thought that by joining a forum i could learn from other people's mistakes

-all i got with beer advocate was a bunch of people with virtually no experience whatsoever asking about how to add all kinds of weird **** to their beer.

-i actually had to explain what star-san was

-whenever i made a comment somebody would try to nullify my point with "faulty" logic.

image.jpg

I was away for a whole 90 min and had to read through 4 pages of posts.

Cracker Jack is not popcorn but Jiffy Pop on the other hand is as much fun to make as is to eat :)

just saying

Excuse me... The bag of Cracker Jack clearly states that it is popcorn!

wow, this thread filled up in a hurry.

A little advice to the OP, just stay away from any threads where people ask about adjuncts that aren't unmalted barley, wheat, oats, or rye.

Remember taste is subjective. Don't try to take away my pumpkin peach ale.

Fix whatever is making you quadruple post. You look like a spambot doing that.

I was posting on BA and the moderator deleted my thread because he didn't think my question was worthy of discussion...despite it gaining 4 pages in a few hours. My question wasn't troublesome or combative.
I simply asked how best to support a bar that served a product I liked but couldn't regularly afford...should I buy the cheaper stuff, save up and buy the good stuff...

Moderator deletes my thread with the statement "Buy if you want, Don't if you don't".

I've left BA because of the bad taste this transaction left. HBT is more fun anyway.

WORK

I recognize the letters from the English alphabet, but the order in which they are arranged make no sense to me

Back