How does this yeast look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calman

Reaction score
It is WL English Ale (WLP-002). Right from begining, inside the original cylinder, it already has that chunky form. In the picture is the yeast after one night in my starter. It is still very active fermentation.
My question is does that yeast is normally in that chunky form? Any thing wrong with the yeast? Thanks.

dscn3300small9eh.jpg

desertBrew said:
WLP-002 is a flocculant strain and gets chunky. Looking great.

I learn something new today, thanks.
And I am using this yeast for Brown Ale, how does it sound?

Baron: I see the same :D

I'll chime in and repeat the "looks great" response. I've used it before with the same results. Brew on!

Isn't it wonderful how homebrewing has changed our outlooks? I mean, if you saw that in your fridge years ago, before you started homebrewing, you would totally save it so you could show your friends after asking, "wanna see something totally gross?" Now, you save it so you can post it on the website and say "wanna see something totally awesome?"

I just used a White Labs Strain (WLP0013) to brew a pale ale. The chunk was there in mine too. No sweat, mine fermented out great, clearing in the secondary now.

BREW ON:mug:

Back