How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was referred to this site by a gentleman working at Sunset Hydroponics and Homebrewing in Victor, NY. Ask him if he knew of any good magazines to check out and this site was something else he mentioned.

I cracked open a tasty beverage. Walked down the hall , to the back room . Then I sat in front of the computer. Took a big swig of beer(Store bought). Double clicked on Google , typed in homebrewing beer. Up popped the HomeBrewTalk.com site. I double clicked the site, started reading and never turned back. This site changed my life. That was 1 year ago, now I never look at a beer the sameway as I used to . Thank you HBT.amen:cross:

I think I did a search for a recipe or a technique and some how landed on a forum post. Not a directly link from google, but I think through a different site or forum.

google.. i thought of learning how to homebrew and wanted to find material on it on the net, and stubled on this site.. and came back, and back, and back, and back, and back... anyway, you get the picture :)

I was bored one day and went to Google, and I thought I would type in "google" into Google to see what would happen.
Guess what came up?

Everything.

I asked a beer related question on my own forums and a friend from there, sAvAgE, sent me the link to here.

+1 on a googled question that brought me to a thread here. The actual thread is lost to history and bad memory, but I've stayed. Heck, I even became a member!

I was enlightened about this amazing forum by the guys at my new favorite homebrew supply shop, “the bruery provisions” in Placentia, ca. so stop by, check out their growing stock and try a beer or four a few doors down at their tasting room.
-rick

Was browsing info for cider making. There seems to be no good newbie-info sources out there. Homebrewtalk had lots of threads about cider making and it seemed overall like a good place. I stayed :)

So I guess the answer is: googled.

Welcome! :mug:

Please let us know how you found HomeBrewTalk.com ....

Found you on Google when I was looking for home brew help. I was all geeked to find the forum about fermentation sometimes taking a while to start. That's actually why I was looking for help, because mine didn't start right away, in fact it took about 48 hours.

Looking into homebrewing and bought/read Palmer's book. Googled to find a forum...

So this dude, who claimed to be magical said there was a special place on the internet where all questions would be answered. He said just Google something about brewing it will find you. So yea, i Googled it, like 70% of the forums I went to for home brewing Qs were this one. Hence the choice to only go to this forum. This place rocks!

Hey Fellas
Just wondering if anyone has worked with Lychee? I have gone to a couple wine tastings and all the white sweet wines try to get this flavor down.

What I am going to try is an Apricot/Lychee version of the ancient mead this is my first butchering of a recipe and I was looking for pointers.

So what I am looking at right now is:
1Gal carboy
3 Lbs Clover honey
5-7 Apricots
1/2 Lb Lychee

the choices I have right now are:
what yeast should I use? I always have fleshmans and coopers on hand.
what would balance the sweetness like chai or cinnamon?

Any feedback would be groovy.
Cheers

PS
well done on the ancient mead recipe. That stuff is potent.

this site is well-optimized for search engines. I found it about 8 months ago on Google and my life hasn't been the same since. I got my Dad a 'true brew' bucket kit for Christmas 2006, which he gave to me the following year. I'm now installing a kegging system, and about to draw up plans for a fermentation chiller.

All grain is the next frontier...

Back