how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe meme's are best mime'd 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile, a classic brewing meme from a couple of years back

1702907453678.jpeg

1702963913263.png

1702963925989.png

The first seems like a prank I would have done as a kid and the text message I would have received from my mom if the technology was around. 🤣
The second seems accurate as someone who likes to fish. Although I don’t get out enough. 😥 But something I could see between my wife and I. 🤣

“Eating asparagus isn't a legit hangover helper,” says Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, FAND, a nutrition consultant for Food Network. “There is a small in vitro study that looks at specific isolated components in the shoots and small leaves of the asparagus and its effects on human and rat liver cells, and although it does show some promise, we need to remember that most individuals are not eating the asparagus shoots and leaves.”
Amidor also points out that while this study yielded some encouraging results, it was done in test tubes, not animals or humans, so it’s difficult to say what the results for people might look like.

Rats.

“Eating asparagus isn't a legit hangover helper,” says Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, FAND, a nutrition consultant for Food Network. “There is a small in vitro study that looks at specific isolated components in the shoots and small leaves of the asparagus and its effects on human and rat liver cells, and although it does show some promise, we need to remember that most individuals are not eating the asparagus shoots and leaves.”
Amidor also points out that while this study yielded some encouraging results, it was done in test tubes, not animals or humans, so it’s difficult to say what the results for people might look like.

Rats.
Well thanks for that, but isn’t the tips of asparagus (the best part to eat according to most) leaf buds on the stalk? I attempted to grow some, but let them go… they look like asparagus fern… so what is this author calling leaves? The tiny structures that may botanically be called leaves when there is no asparagus stalk to harvest? 🤔

Rats.
Smelling that horrid, concentrated asparagus pee would probably make you heave the next morning anyway.

Well thanks for that, but isn’t the tips of asparagus (the best part to eat according to most) leaf buds on the stalk? I attempted to grow some, but let them go… they look like asparagus fern… so what is this author calling leaves? The tiny structures that may botanically be called leaves when there is no asparagus stalk to harvest? 🤔
I've only tried growing potatoes, I'm woefully ignorant of asparagus, other than my grocer puts it in nice bundles, awaiting me and a good wrap in prosciutto.

I've only tried growing potatoes, I'm woefully ignorant of asparagus, other than my grocer puts it in nice bundles, awaiting me and a good wrap in prosciutto.
Just to let you know after a spouted off my post I did read the article, and the author didn’t as far as I can tell state where the “leaves” come from. Anyway they are nutritious.

Of course this doesn’t apply to all strings of lights.
IMG_2469.jpeg

Smelling that horrid, concentrated asparagus pee would probably make you heave the next morning anyway.

Only some people have the bad asparagus pee smell gene, and not everyone has the gene that lets them smell how foul asparagus pee can be.

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

I'm not actually sure. Someone on the Internet told me

Last edited:
Only some people have the bad asparagus pee smell gene, and not everyone has the gene that lets them smell how foul asparagus pee can be.

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

I'm not actually sure. Someone on the Internet told me
Fun Fact: In southwestern Germany, where open-air outdoor urinals are still common, it is verboten to use them during "Spargelzeit", the annual spring 'Spargel' (asparagus) harvest. Everyone goes mad for asparagus; local restaurants, and even individual household 'pop-up' restaurants, welcome diners with special menus featuring the star ingredient, the event is known as Spargelfest!

Last edited:
Another reason I think I'll keep my vacations to northern North America.

Nothing against Europe, bless you all, I don't want to yuck your yum, and I'm sure I do things you all find weird too. Just sometimes you all make me shake my head and go WTH.

I'm sure there are people who get really excited about asparagus, and good for them, I personally just don't think it's worth having a dang festival over.

Back