how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2355.jpeg

There's nothing sad at all about celebrating each holiday in their own time.

Will you eat leftover turkey sandwiches tonight? Celebrate New Year's Eve during Midnight Mass? Christen a child still in the womb? Advent doesn't even start until December 3rd.

Will you eat leftover turkey sandwiches tonight?
Just to brag that I made a leftover turkey sammy last week! (the same day I took down my Halloween decorations)

I am having visions of the congregation popping Champaign at midnight... All-in, like the winning locker room after the Superbowl.

Will you eat leftover turkey sandwiches tonight?

If my smoker hadn't broken, I would probably have smoked a turkey this past weekend.

Advent doesn't even start until December 3rd.

Our congregation bumped up a couple things by a week so that we could celebrate 4 Sundays of Advent without running into Christmas, because Christmas is on a Sunday this year.

Can I rant for a minute? Yeah, you can't object in time so I'm going to rant. I had a friend last year (pre-thanksgiving) ask our group chat for suggestions to add to a holiday playlist, and I threw out this piece

now you see that image and might think "clearly that's a Christmas song", but fans of Peanuts / Charlie Brown / Snoopy films know that song is the signature theme song for the franchise, also appearing in other films, such as A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.

It reminds me how there are a few Advent songs that some people have decided are Christmas songs, and so they get really annoyed when they hear them before December 23rd.

There's nothing sad at all about celebrating each holiday in their own time.

Will you eat leftover turkey sandwiches tonight? Celebrate New Year's Eve during Midnight Mass? Christen a child still in the womb? Advent doesn't even start until December 3rd.
Agreed! The only reason Christmas stuff makes an early appearance in advertising and retail is because corporations want to stoke our spending as it is good for their bottom line. There are some people’s traditions to xmass decorate for Thanksgiving and that’s their prerogative, but I for one, could live without seeing Santa and such in October just fine.
IMG_2387.jpeg

Last edited:
So, when in your estimation does the 'season' start? Halloween? Labor Day? Fourth of the July? Why bother taking down your lights? Ah! That's the ticket! "No honey, I've not forgotten to take down the lights, I'm right on time to start celebrating next year's!"

365 days of Christmas each year

365 Days of Christmas Each Year. It's the name of a Christmas production my nephew and the kids in his Sunday school did a while ago.

because Christmas is on a Sunday this year.
Just to be clear. Christmas is on Monday this year. Wouldn’t want anyone to miss it based on false internet information.

I was in the Philippines a few years ago. They started Christmas season full on in September. They don’t have Halloween or Thanksgiving there to get in the way.

Well in that case, I wish you a merry Shark Week and a happy Toyotathon.

If you're celebrating those right now, good for you! I would* sit down and watch a marathon of DVR Shark Week TV with you if we were remotely geographically close. Would you let me wear an ugly Christmas sweater with a shark on it?

I don't follow toyotathon well enough to know what time of year that typically happens. Aren't most automakers about to have a bunch of holiday deals anyway?

*Lol probably not, because you're an internet rando and stranger danger says that's a bad idea. But we get along well enough here I am a little bummed out that it isn't an option.

Except brewing equipment and ingredients, right?View attachment 834716
Ha!
Me: I can’t stand the over commercialization of the Holidays. Since when did Thanksgiving turn into Black Friday Eve?
Wife: Where are you going?
Me: Homebrew store to pick up some supplies.

Back