Hot Rod Heatstick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTaylor

Reaction score
Wanted to know how people are attaching them to their kettles without drilling a hole. Would like to have some way to secure it without putting a hole in my pot.

Thanks

It is a great product, I have one and love it. You can get an optional clamp that attaches to the rim of the kettle, so you don't need to drill if you don't want to. Just ask bobby at brewhardware

Thanks, will get in touch with him and see if I can get one.

It is a great product, I have one and love it. You can get an optional clamp that attaches to the rim of the kettle, so you don't need to drill if you don't want to. Just ask bobby at brewhardware

It is a great product, but the clamp does require drilling to attach. I just set mine in the kettle. I have a 10-gal, so it is able to rest on the bottom.

It is a great product, but the clamp does require drilling to attach. I just set mine in the kettle. I have a 10-gal, so it is able to rest on the bottom.
no, it doesn't require drilling. I have one. you can drill. but you can also get an optional clamp, which will attach to the lip of a vessel.
It is a great invention, and a great product.

no, it doesn't require drilling. I have one. he has them in stock. I actually met Bobby, and got mine in his store. it has an optional clamp, which will attach to the lip of a vessel.
It is a great invention, and a great product.
Could you post a photo to show how yours attaches without drilling? Maybe I am dense, but I can't see how mine would go on there without a drill hole.

IMG_20150902_211018_661.jpg

yes, the kettle lip goes between the washer and back of the clamp. works awesome, can adjust the height of the hot rod easily, etc. I switch it back and forth between my grainfather and sparge water tank in half a second.

I just hang the wing of the wingnut over the lip of the kettle. You can easily tighten it enough while being able to set the wings of the wingnut to be up and down.

Back